What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

upper Canopy latch part number

Jonathan Alvord

Well Known Member
Short story, looking for new upper latch/part number (called Vans parts and they didn't know what it was and said to call back this afternoon to talk to tech support.) Wind dropped the canopy a bit hard and the upper latch hit and bent. Now it is hard to twist and open and rubs on upper supports. I could probably pull it off and bend it but am also looking at just replacing with a new one. Anyone have a part number?

Jon

Short story, looking for new upper latch/part number (called Vans parts and they didn't know what it was and said to call back this afternoon to talk to tech support.) Wind dropped the canopy a bit hard and the upper latch hit and bent. Now it is hard to twist and open and rubs on upper supports. I could probably pull it off and bend it but am also looking at just replacing with a new one. Anyone have a part number?

Jon

DWG 41 has the part numbers.

_My copy of preview plan set - 2006_Page_41.jpg

Thanks, didn't have my plans USB card at the office. After sending a email to Vans they were also able to determine the correct part.

Canopy latch

Here is the latch I made for my 6a. It allows the canopy to be open for taxi but to not open all the way from a wind or prop blast. Having trouble with attaching the photo but if you email me at [email protected] i thinki can send it directly to you.

Attachments

• 959197DD-F27B-43A6-ACBC-EC584D0376CD.jpeg
    959197DD-F27B-43A6-ACBC-EC584D0376CD.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 133
Back