What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Petit Jean

MikeyDale

Well Known Member
I'm really excited cause I've made a deal with a co worker that's going to enable me and the wife to go to the Petit Jean fly in! It will be my wife and I's first camping trip in the new RV. We are bringing :

Tent
Air mattress
2-Lawn Chairs
Extension cord and power strip (website says electricity available?)
Electric blanket (as per suggestions on the website)
Flood lamp.
Couple changes of cloths.
Fiddle

Can you experienced Petit Jean campers tell me if I'm forgetting anything? Or should I leave anything above at home? And do they really have electricity at the camp ground?

towels

There is a bathroom (mens and womens) with running water and hot shower if you want. Maybe a good flashlight.

They do have electricity and water at each campsite. I don't think you'll need the flood light. Don't forget tiedowns of some sort.

Paige

Ear Plugs!
The geese get pretty noisy and they might keep you up or get you up before you want to get up.

Me and my wife are hoping to make it this year, things look like it might be possible. Had to miss last last year because of work. we have a room at the lodge reserved. The first year I went by myself and camped out it was really nice, I had a sleeping bag and a warm fuzzy blanket, that kept me cozy.

Last edited:
. . .fiddle. . .
"You had me at Fiddle"!

I have just started learning the fiddle and am very interested in talking with a true "fiddler"!

I had not intended to even consider bringing mine but if there is someone else that I can spend the weekend talking music with I might be inclined to bring mine. PM me if interested in talking fiddles. I would be very interested in discussing Petit Jean music potential with you.

Hey Mike,

Depending on outside temps at night you might want to put that electric blanket UNDER you. It never ceases to amaze me how cold air mattresses are to sleep on. It can actually be MUCH warmer (albeit less comfy) to sleep on the ground.

Have a great trip!!!

Tom

"You had me at Fiddle"!

I have just started learning the fiddle and am very interested in talking with a true "fiddler"!

I had not intended to even consider bringing mine but if there is someone else that I can spend the weekend talking music with I might be inclined to bring mine. PM me if interested in talking fiddles. I would be very interested in discussing Petit Jean music potential with you.

Steve, Id be glad to talk fiddling with you but as for the musc, I'm thinkin just a couple of tunes around the campfire. I've been playin long enough to know that you always want to leave them wanting more! Bring yours and maybe I can show you a thing or two.......My main reason for going is to get to know some folks that have a machine like mine! This community is all still new to me!

Back