What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

JD Air Parts, new products!!

RV7Guy

Well Known Member
Hey Everyone, I wanted to take a few minutes and share some news on new products and improvements made to others.

Our dual bearing yoke for all tailwheel RV's has been modified slightly. Over the past few years I've been studying tailwheel RV's and discovered that the fork shaft on most RV's is not vertical. This includes the stock Van's assembly and other aftermarket units. This appears to be caused by weight on the tail. It is very slight and most will not notice. As a result of the research, we have modified the attachment angle to get the fork shaft vertical. This effort was successful. All yokes from the first of the year have included this modification including those for the RV14.

We now have fuel rings that go over the fuel cap opening. in The rings display the gallons and the type of fuel as required to get your ticket. This eliminates the need to have the caps engraved and provides protection for your paint around the fuel opening. The rings are held in place with a double sided tape. Designer Myron Nelson, has had these on his RV10 for several years. Even in the heat of AZ they have held strong. These are available for the RV10, RV14 and RV7/8. They come in Black with white lettering or White with Black lettering. If there is enough interest, we will consider doing them for the 9, 4 and 3.

Finally, we now offer the steering link with a blue anodized housing. The very popular drain fairing and dual port vent fittings (guaranteed to give you a knot or two of additional speed) are now available in natural aluminum or anodized blue.
Shortly after Sun N' Fun we will offering the long awaited grab handles for the side by side sliders and RV8. These are machined to perfectly match the contour of the roll bar. They can be easily installed in planes under construction or those already flying.

And, after a long absence we will have another tow bar available. This will be available very soon.

Please visit us at www.jdair.com. Thanks everyone for the support. If you have any questions you can contact me at [email protected].

We now have fuel rings that go over the fuel cap opening. in The rings display the gallons and the type of fuel as required to get your ticket. This eliminates the need to have the caps engraved and provides protection for your paint around the fuel opening. The rings are held in place with a double sided tape. Designer Myron Nelson, has had these on his RV10 for several years. Even in the heat of AZ they have held strong. These are available for the RV10, RV14 and RV7/8. They come in Black with white lettering or White with Black lettering. If there is enough interest, we will consider doing them for the 9, 4 and 3.

These are great! Any option to get them marked with 100LL/94UL? 94UL will be a thing here soon and my IO360-M1B can drink it, no problem, as well as the classic 100LL.

If you had them for the -9, 'd be happy to purchase a pair of the fuel inlet rings. Cheers, Ken

JD Air you should check out the RV-14 thread on canopy handle. Good new product for you there.

Fuel Rings

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the support and comments. I got several requests for rings for the RV6. They are being made now.

I will add in some for the 9.

The rings are 1.5mm thick.

Material and thickness

Hey JD Air folks, can you tell us what the material/thickness of the fuel ring is?

The material is some type of Lexan or similar material that is 1.5mm thick.

I tested them with 100LL and regular gas and they show no signs of wear. As noted, Myron Nelson has had them on his 10 for years with no issues.

Our dual bearing yoke for all tailwheel RV's has been modified slightly. Over the past few years I've been studying tailwheel RV's and discovered that the fork shaft on most RV's is not vertical. This includes the stock Van's assembly and other aftermarket units. This appears to be caused by weight on the tail. It is very slight and most will not notice. As a result of the research, we have modified the attachment angle to get the fork shaft vertical. This effort was successful. All yokes from the first of the year have included this modification including those for the RV14.

Roughly, how many degrees did you change the angle?

Thanks,

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the support and comments. I got several requests for rings for the RV6. They are being made now.

I will add in some for the 9.

The rings are 1.5mm thick.

Thanks! I’m in for two for my almost complete RV-6 (19 gal per side). - the most popular home built kit ever - according to the Mothership website.

Thanks for adding in fuel filler rings for the 9. I'm looking forward to purchasing a pair.

Cheers, Ken

Darwin,
Do you have a pic of the 7 “grab handles”? I’m in need of something especially since mine is TD Slider. Thanks

Cards Declined

Darwin,

I'm trying to throw money at you but your website keeps declining my payment. Tried a couple of cards now.

Probably user error, so I'll keep trying.

Ryan

Fuel Rings

Due to several requests I've got fuel rings being made for the 6 and 9. Should have them next week.

The material is some type of Lexan or similar material that is 1.5mm thick.

I tested them with 100LL and regular gas and they show no signs of wear. As noted, Myron Nelson has had them on his 10 for years with no issues.

Lexan (polycarbonate) cannot take fuel contact. So if avgas didn't craze or melt the ring material it must be Plexiglass (acrylic or Perspex overseas) or some other material. One of my pet peeves with many of the light tube and fabric kit planes is the rampant use of polycarbonate for windscreens and other windows. Over fill a tank or get a leaky fitting or quick drain and it ruins the Lexan. Hard to beat good old Plexiglass like the Van's canopies and presumably these fuel rings are made of.

...We now have fuel rings that go over the fuel cap opening. in The rings display the gallons and the type of fuel as required to get your ticket. This eliminates the need to have the caps engraved and provides protection for your paint around the fuel opening. The rings are held in place with a double sided tape. Designer Myron Nelson, has had these on his RV10 for several years. Even in the heat of AZ they have held strong. These are available for the RV10, RV14 and RV7/8. They come in Black with white lettering or White with Black lettering. If there is enough interest, we will consider doing them for the 9, 4 and 3...[/email].
Sorry to revive a thread with "New Products!" in the title but wondering if anyone could share pics of the fuel rings installed on their aircraft?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to revive a thread with "New Products!" in the title but wondering if anyone could share pics of the fuel rings installed on their aircraft?

Same here, very interested in buying but would love to see how it looks installed first.

Back