What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

For a guy who keeps trying to get rid of his plane...

DakotaHawk

Well Known Member
... I see that The Original Bob Collins is just about to break through 3000 posts. At least 1000 of those posts were trying to get someone to buy his plane.:eek:

Good to see Bob finally flying!:cool:

... I see that The Original Bob Collins is just about to break through 3000 posts. At least 1000 of those posts were trying to get someone to buy his plane.:eek:

Good to see Bob finally flying!:cool:

Is Bob already flying? Did I miss the memo?

Is Bob already flying? Did I miss the memo?

The current plan, as I heard from the man himself at lunch today, is that N614EF will break ground tomorrow and head to an airport not quite so close to MSP class B for the start of phase 1 testing. Bob can fill everyone in on the details when he gets here - since he practically lives on VAF (judging by the post count, that is) :)

This one is special somehow

OK so I've become kind of passive on this kind of news over the years but I cannot deny this event is special even to me. Good luck Bob!

Bob Axsom

Has it happened yet?

The suspense is keeping me from doing other things - what's the status?

Bob Axsom

I keep waiting to see the pictures...and waiting. Congratulations. I can't wait to share in your celebration, even if its just vicariously. Good job - you've been an inspiration.

For the record, that's 3,000 posts since VAF started and I was also on the old Yahoogroups. That works out to 1 post a day (including replies).

I doubt I'm even in the top 100.

The plane flew today. I haven't been able to do so much editing on it because as soon as we were done, we had to scoot off to Red Wing for a celebration with the Prairie Island Ojibwe Community for the high school graduation of three of the tribal members and another several dozen adult learners.

What I did today was pretty cool. But you know what was much cooler? That.

Last edited:
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the record, that's 3,000 posts since VAF started and I was also on the old Yahoogroups. That works out to 1 post a day (including replies).

I doubt I'm even in the top 100.

Actually you are 15.

The plane flew today.

Congratulations to you sir.

Now that is what 99% of VAFers have been waiting to hear.:D

Post a photo, and I will bet it ends up top billing on tomorrows front page.

Last edited:
The immensely talented Tom Berge did the honors. I'll have some video in an hour or so. I don't have the air-to-air footage yet so it'll be mostly ground comedy. You know, my usual stuff.

Congratulations Bob

I have read your blog many times and throughly enjoyed your video's

I hope to be following in your footsteps in about 4-6 weeks

Cheers
Eddie

Great Job Bob!

I have followed your build for several years, and I can only imagine your sense of accomplishment. I look forward to hear your feelings when you finally get to fly it yourself. Great job!

Back