What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Control Lock Pin?

jrock836

Well Known Member
I found this in my new to me RV12. Any ideas where this goes in order to lock the controls?

Attachments

• IMG_20210221_134229_01.jpg
    IMG_20210221_134229_01.jpg
    821.9 KB · Views: 126
You place it into the flaperon "mixer" to center the controls, after which you set your flap rigging. It's shown on KAI 32-09; that pin is an AN3-21A bolt if you happen to lose it. Definitely need to be sure it's removed before you put the tunnel covers back into place; it sucks to have to pull all of those screws back out...

Last edited:
You place it into the flaperon "mixer" to center the controls, after which you set your rigging. It's shown on KAI 32-09. Definitely need to be sure it's removed before you put the tunnel covers back into place; it sucks to have to pull all of those screws back out...

Perfect.. Thanks for the info..

You place it into the flaperon "mixer" to center the controls, after which you set your flap rigging. It's shown on KAI 32-09; that pin is an AN3-21A bolt if you happen to lose it. Definitely need to be sure it's removed before you put the tunnel covers back into place; it sucks to have to pull all of those screws back out...

So for additional clarity..... it is not intended for locking controls when parked outside at an airport.

So for additional clarity..... it is not intended for locking controls when parked outside at an airport.

Haha... Yeah I kind of figured that out after I read Ron Gawer's post.. :) I'll continue to use the tow bar if and when I park on the ramp..

Thanks..

Back