What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Foreflight Checklist

Pilotjim77

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if you can create a checklist on Foreflight? They have templates for many airplanes, but I was unable to find a way to create one for an RV.

Does anyone know if you can create a checklist on Foreflight? They have templates for many airplanes, but I was unable to find a way to create one for an RV.

Yes. Open the app, and go to MORE in the lower right hand corner. Select Checklists from the list on the left. Press the + button in the upper right hand corner, and choose the first option - Basic Template. That will allow you to build a generic checklist

I have one I created for my RV-8 (it's not that difficult, just time consuming, I just modified an existing template). I can email it to you and you can import it to ForeFlight if you want.

My method was to just type the checklist into Word, and then create a pdf of that checklist. I then imported the pdf file into my Foreflight documents folder. While it doesn't give me the ability to "click" on each step as I go through it, it works just as well as my old paper checklists, while keeping it handy in Foreflight.

Just another option for consideration.

Back