What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Good afternoon, Doug!

RKellogg

Well Known Member
Good afternoon, Doug!

Thanks for the effort that you put into creating this community for RV folks! I have enjoyed and benefitted immensely from VAF over the years.

Lately I have been concerned that you and Flash may not be getting the quality time that is necessary to maintain an appropriate perspective on the world of RV aviation. As an attempt to remedy this situation, it is my pleasure to inform you that there is 30 gallons of full service 100LL waiting for you and N617AR at Business Air at KDTO Denton. You may contact Amy at 940-898-1200 to confirm and make arraignments. Amy says she cannot guarantee the price beyond Monday, Jan 26th 2200 local time, hope you can get there before then!

My grass strip is snowed in this week. Please make good use of the fuel for me. Looking forward to your trip report!

Thanks again, and Fly Safe!

Roger Kellogg

[Dear Roger,
What a spectacular and creative gesture! Thank you!
We?re rained in at the current time, but I?ll try to get up to DTO this Saturday when the forecast looks better (and I?ll call Amy today).
Thank you Sir! I?ll put it to good use practicing Denton?s IAPs.
Kindest,
dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Good on ya' Roger!

Yes, I agree with Tom - "that's just cool!". What a very unselfish thing to do Roger, it enforces my belief about "plane-people". Too cool.

I'll raise you

OK, let's build on a good idea.

Doug, if you come through Atlanta (say, on your way to or from Sun-N-Fun) stop in at Lawrenceville (KLZU) and I will fill your tanks and throw in a pizza.

Your money will be no good at the gas pump in Lawrenceville.

Eeh . . . Fill them with what Vlad?

OK, Doug if you ( or three other guys you know who you are :D) come through NYC I will fill your tanks and throw in pierogies...

Be careful Doug (and company) . . . not sure what he's filling up with . . . I think Vlad is distilling moonshine (learned through association with Jeff). That must be powering that 9 these days:rolleyes:

Agreed. Really generous gesture!! Nice!!

Last edited:
Thank you again, Roger!

Yep, that?s me on the ramp talking with a gentlemen that it turns out has many friends in common with me. I?m just back home now going through the email inbox and playing catch up for bit before making some calls. I can?t thank you enough for the kind gesture. Much appreciated!!!!

The nice lady you talked with (Amy), behind the counter in the pic below, told me to tell anyone reading this who came in and mentioned this story (and brought up the VAF name ?or mine) would receive a discount. I don?t know the amount, but that is what she asked me to convey.

My crummy iPhone pics?
2vdqtuc.jpg

There were about six planes in the pattern at DTO, many of them students, and the tower asked me to ?keep my speed up? so she could work me in. What an amazing plane.

Again, Roger, thank you so very much. You?re ever in Dallas dinner is on me?.

v/r,
dr

Back