What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GDU-370 install

rvator51

Well Known Member
I am working on the installation of a GDU-370 in my RV ? four. I am also going to putting a G5 and a Garmin GTX 327 Transponder. Is there parts or accessories that would be common to both that I can use instead of buying separate accessories for each one?

GDU Install

I am working on the installation of a GDU-370 in my RV ? four. I am also going to putting a G5 and a Garmin GTX 327 Transponder. Is there parts or accessories that would be common to both that I can use instead of buying separate accessories for each one?

Hey Thomas,

As far as any components that can be shared between the G5 and the G3X, this will depend on what else you plan on interfacing to the system. If you plan on installing an autopilot, the GSA 28 servos, and GMC mode controller will be shared between the two. A GAD 29 which is used to interface an external IFR navigator to the system, will also be shared between them.

The GTX 327 can be sent pressure altitude information from the GSU 25, which is the ADAHRS for the G3X system. Please feel free to send any other questions to us at [email protected].

Thanks,

Justin

Back