What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gust lock ideas for the -4

Infidel

Well Known Member
I'm interested to see if anyone has any good gust lock ideas for the -4 that they'd like to share. I've been using a bungee cord by attaching the hooked ends to the rear pedals and lapsing it across the stick. It works, but I thing there's got to be a better way.

Thanks in advance..

Gust Busters

I use Gust Busters gust locks. They allow your controls to flex enough to reduce the wind loads. Try doing a search on this site.

I seatbelt the stick and use the extra rope on the tail to tie the rudder against the stop. I figure I can't leave it on and go anywhere.

I use the seatbelt on the stick, but the rudders I use two 2" PVC pipes with a T on the end. The T is split open enough to catch the bottom bar of the pedals. The other end pressure fits against the spar in front of the seat. There are some bolts with nuts passing through that keep it from moving to release itself in the wind. Makes it slightly difficult to put in though.

I think the gust buster is a much better concept with the spring action, but at the time he didn't have one for a -4. Still don't see one on the website now.

Mark

Back