What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X non-touch v12.1 bug?

rvsxer

Well Known Member
I just updated my G3X non-touch firmware to v12.1 and it won't channelize my SL-30 nav-com any more. Checked the serial link configuration and it is still as before. Is anyone else having the problem?

I just force-loaded version 12.0 and the SL-30 channelization issue is fixed, so it looks like it's a bug in 12.1. My GTX-23 failed when v12.0 was loaded so I went back to 12.1 and got it back, and the channelization problem returned. I am working with Caleb at Garmin so hopefully they can fix that.

Did this Get Resolved?

Did this ever get resolved? I have never been able to get my G3X (non-touch) to channelize my SL-30. I recently made changes to the configs in the G3X, and now get green check marks for the RS-232 on Garmin Nav/Comm, and in the VOR/LOC Nav Source 2 I also get a green check, and it correctly displays the Nav frequency in the SL-30. But I still cannot channelize the SL-30 as page 34-109 of Rev AM of the Installation Manual and page 125 of Rev Q of the Pilot Guide would have me believe.

For reference, the Pilot Guide is here: https://static.garmin.com/pumac/190-01115-00_q.pdf
and the Installation Manual is here: https://static.garmin.com/pumac/190-01115-01_am.pdf

Rev 12.10 was released on September 15, 2020. Is there not a fix for this issue yet? I have sent an email to G3Xpert at Garmin but have not yet heard back.

Last edited:
G3X Software 12.10

We will have a software revision available for the non-touch G3X systems available shortly that will address this problem. Until then, back-loading software is an option which will restore the ability to program the standby frequency of the SL30. We can send you a copy of the previous software version to you directly if you would like to go with that option.

Thanks,

Justin

G3X non touch problemsV12.1

Garmin, I notified you weeks ago to remove V12.1 from your website so users would not be loading a known bugged software in to there system. Please help out Garmin users and lock out this version until it is fixed.

Back