What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hooker Crotch Strap

CaptJack

I’m installing Hooker Crotch straps in my RV7. It looks like the length adjustment buckle will be inside the hole in the seat cushion when done. Was hoping it would be above after install. Anyone have any pictures of Hooker crotch straps coming through seat cushions? Thanks! Using the Van’s mounting bracket kit and know the brackets need to be a little farther apart for belt to fit between as Hooker belts are thicker than Van’s.

I can try and snap a pic tomorrow or tue, still a week or so away from inspection but I think I can get a snap of this as it's all done. My seats are all the way back (I am 6'4") so not sure how that'll impact it.

BTW- your title made me snicker just a little more than it should have.

I’m installing Hooker Crotch straps in my RV7. It looks like the length adjustment buckle will be inside the hole in the seat cushion when done. Was hoping it would be above after install. Anyone have any pictures of Hooker crotch straps coming through seat cushions? Thanks! Using the Van’s mounting bracket kit and know the brackets need to be a little farther apart for belt to fit between as Hooker belts are thicker than Van’s.

Surprised. I've the same setup in my '6 (Vans Mounts, Hooker 5 point ratcheting and Vans seat foam set) and the adjustment buckle sits JUST above the seat cushion. This being said, it's not easy to adjust the crotch strap length. Mine is set pretty short and the trailing adjustment strap taped up neatly. I've found that this setup makes the thigh straps more effective as they rise upwards over your legs - this holds you better laterally.

Don't have a photo to hand easily - but there's some film of it all going together @ around 3.20 secs into this video.

https://vimeo.com/145903012

Last edited:
FYI- I went with Crow straps, which I think use similar hardware to Hooker. I had to drill a new hole in the anchor tab thats on the strap to get it to work right because they are different height as well as different thickness vs. what Vans has designed for. I believe others have relocated the hole on the Vans bracket in the floor to accomplish the same thing.

If I recall correctly, If you use as is, the adjuster hardware is in exactly the wrong position to fit and needs to be either higher (above the seat) or lower (below the seat).

I've got some pictures in my build log from October 5th, 2020.

Last edited:
I retro fitted the crotch strap fitting on my -7 and used crow harness, as noted the adjustment buckle is just above the floor level and fits thru the slot in the floor panel. The crotch strap is not what I would call adjustable like the shoulder straps but once you have set it up it works fine.
Figs

Back