What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Two tubes from brake fluid reservoir

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
Building an RV8. Was wondering why there are two tubes starting at the brake build reservior instead of one from the reservoir with the T above the pedals.

I'm thinking of running hard line instead of the plastic, and thought I could run 1/4 hardline from the reservoir to the center, then have a T there for flexible line down to the pedals. From brake outlet another flexible line up to a parking valve on the middle; then out to each brake.

But curious about the why of the two supply tubes. Probably cheaper. Is it easier to bleed or anything?

Building an RV8. Was wondering why there are two tubes starting at the brake build reservior instead of one from the reservoir with the T above the pedals. ...
I can't think of a good reason - I would have done that but was in "get 'er done" mode and just did it like the plans said.

Best way would be to have 2 fittings into the base of the reservoir, for bleeding purposes. Next best solution would be to tee the lines as close to the reservoir as possible, as Vans does.

Back