What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aiming High - Jon Johanson

HFS

Well Known Member
If you are not aware of Jon's exploits in his RV-4 back in the early 1990's, you should find his book, "Aiming High", and acquaint (re-acquaint) yourself with his pioneering travels (around the world twice - once each way!).

Do yourself a favor, and read about his experience - unbelievable.

YMMV - But it won't ever be like this!

HFS

Here's a pic of Jon's book cover:

I tried every way I know to make this turn right side up - no joy. Sorry.

HFS

Attachments

• Jon Johansson - Aiming High.jpg
    Jon Johansson - Aiming High.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 89
There are already a few threads on VAF mentioning Jon, but true, his Tours are an inspiration for many of us.
Had some nice talk with Jon during his Oshkosh visit last Century. Quite a few more RVators have followed suit, but he was the first, hats off :)

Attachments

• IMG_5144.jpeg
    IMG_5144.jpeg
    970.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5146.jpg
    IMG_5146.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 70
There are already a few threads on VAF mentioning Jon, but true, his Tours are an inspiration for many of us.
Had some nice talk with Jon during his Oshkosh visit last Century. Quite a few more RVators have followed suit, but he was the first, hats off :)

Many of us were inspired of Jon's book back in the days. Some even repeated it I am so glad you visited my forgotten world Dan. Thank you and always welcome!

Attachments

• with Dan in Wyoming - 1.jpeg
    with Dan in Wyoming - 1.jpeg
    411.9 KB · Views: 150
2014 in Adelaide, AU

Shirley and I met up with Jon for dinner one evening as we were passing through Adelaide (circa February 2014). Nice chap with a very interesting background.

Found his book second hand online (in pretty good shape actually). Read it front to back. Very good read... I highly recommend.

Attachments

• DSC00967 (1).jpg
    DSC00967 (1).jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Used price: $20
Shipping: $18
Total: more than I usually spend on a used book.

It’s too bad it’s not up on one of those print-to-order sites.

Back