What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Go Pro help

glen25781

Hey guys...

just got a Go Pro Max with the 360 vision and would like some mounting options from you guys who have recently dealt with this..especially mounting on the wingtip and rear tiedown ring. Most of the Youtube videos I see are from years ago...

From my research looks like some Cessna guys have lost their cameras multiple times at $400 a crack so don't want to follow in their footsteps..

Maybe some Amazon links to your favorite hardware for secure attachments that can stand 150 knot airflow...

Appreciate any and all suggestions...this is an awesome forum!

The best people anywhere are the RV bunch!

Glen

From my research looks like some Cessna guys have lost their cameras multiple times at $400 a crack so don't want to follow in their footsteps..

I know an idiot that trusted one of those sticky pad mounting points and lost a camera. The sticky pad stayed on the aircraft, which was prepared properly, but came off the mounting bracket, which was installed at the factory.

Mechanical mounting is probably a good idea.

I put a little video together of that very thing, since I'm asked so frequently. It is here: https://youtu.be/8OEosxVJsG0

It's a bit easier if your wingtips are mounted with screws but the way our airplanes are constructed, the possibilities are endless.

GS010190-11-1024x576.jpg

GS010114-4-1024x576.jpg

I would say that these upgraded 'folding feet' are important. Still a bit amazing that it stays put... I haven't lost a camera yet but I look at it like gambling - don't bet what you can't afford to lose.

Back