What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Original Rv6 wheel pants Intersection Fairing

Inhot

Well Known Member
Patron
This is a long shot. My RV6 does not have intersection fairings for the original wheel pants. Is there anybody out there who has the original wheel pants and intersection fairings? If so, might I get a few pics of your fairings, or better yet, if you have upgraded to the pressure recovery wheel pants would you like to part with your old fairings?
Fingers crossed,
Mike

The original RV-6 pants didn't have an intersection fairing, if you wanted one you had to make it yourself from raw fiberglass and epoxy. If you're going to go to that much effort, go the extra step and upgrade to the pressure-recovery pants along the way. They're faster.

Ahan

Well that explains the absence of wheel intersection fairings on my plane. I just finished replacing the original 2 piece aluminum main gear leg fairings with the newer one piece fiberglass gear leg fairings on my plane. I could not have done it without the excellent instructional videos created and posted on YouTube by Karetaker. I've considered getting the pressure recovery pants, but after viewing Karetaker's video on same I thought I'd see if there were fairings available for the original wheel pants. Path of least resistance kind of thing. Thanks for the info.

Old style wheel pants intersection fairings.

I manfacture fiberglass intersection fairings for the original one piece wheel pants.

Steve Barnes Fairings-Etc (advertiser on VAF) fairings-etc.com

That's Great

Hello Steve,
Funny meeting you here.😃
Mike Shaughness here. I'll text you tomorrow.

I got the top end fairings from Steve. Fiberglass original legs. Some minor trimming and they fit perfect on the top of the legs against the cowling. For the prices and workmanship they are worth it. Thanks Steve! Gary

Back