What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Roll Servo Install

pilot28906

Well Known Member
Hello all,
Working on installing the GRT roll servo in the right wing. I have the brackets and wiring harness installed already when I built the plane. Looking at the instructions on the GRT web site there is a spacer that is used at the bell crank bracket arm where it connects to the servo with a bolt (this is the support bracket). There is no mention of the length of this spacer. The spacer is used to make room for the safety wire that is already part of the servo. The printed instruction that came with the mounting hardware do not show this spacer. My question is how long should the spacer be and do you need a longer bolt?

Thanks

The installation manual (page 8) states that the spacer is supplied in the installation kit. But if it's not there then it should be possible to measure the gap between the installed servo and the L-bracket and work out what length the spacer needs to be and in turn also the bolt. Otherwise as poster #2 suggests to contact GRT and request they send to you the spacer.

Back