What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kudos to Stewart Systems

smiller

Well Known Member
Patron
Shout out to Andy Humphrey, the owner of Stewart Systems. Back in 2008, I chose their EkoClean, EkoEtch, and EkoPrime products for cleaning and priming my RV-7A parts and have been very pleased with it -- particularly the easy clean-up (water!). It applies beautifully when I set up the spray gun correctly and don't get trigger happy and grossly overapply it. :(

Well, a combination of ordering too much and a multi-year suspension of building left me with unopened 6-year-old containers of this stuff (one each). I decided to drop Stewart Systems a line to see if there was any reason I couldn't still use it for corrosion protection on internal parts away from solvents.

Andy replied immediately and said the EkoClean and EkoEtch should be fine, and -- despite having only a 1-year stated shelf-life/warranty -- the old EkoPrime is probably OK too (for nonvisible, unpainted surfaces anyway) as long as it has never froze, I stirred it especially well, and I tested it first and didn't see any problems.

But then he went further and really shocked me: he offered to replace my EkoPrime free of charge! He said he wouldn't mind having my 6-year-old product so he could evaluate for himself how well it has aged. I shipped him my old can, and he shipped me a brand new can -- FedEx with a "freeze indicator" (negative result) and a big warming pouch (to keep it from freezing during shipment) that was still warm to the touch when I opened the box!

Now don't y'all go sending all your old unused product to him for free replacement, but this was such unexpected and "above and beyond" customer service that I had to give him a kudos here. The previous owners (the Stewarts) were equally helpful and friendly to me years ago when I first purchased their products and was clueless as to how to use a spray gun.

Happy customer and user

I too dealt with Stewart System's customer care as they once sent the wrong colour of primer. They immediately sent the right one free of charge without requesting the return of the wrong quart.

I used their products because I sprayed in a non-ventilated, home-made booth with only a painter's mask, (no toxicity) and the easy water cleaning.

The primer is top notch and adheres very well.

Top quality eco-friendly products and customer care.

Back