What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rivet gun slipped just a little

galt1074

hgf3KdMglvNBW7W2ULI7M9LWWXutNneWXXaGWYruFvsGf7EULlVAo2Vc-KxA9ySn0clE0cFlp41J4AkVkoYUbSiCClNJkF4TNiC2wC_acvOZJCRXUh1HWQcXHKIE4OMriGgl9m9abwA4cmL6bKNAoBcesi175pMwRXLEFk0vqmQar_Yre4T-2hL4YyAbShk7lxOZTX_8bqrRjuoQvNssjWkv8u-ZjAu3XlwbYvQftDbXkxvrwYEylkJcskhpsgfrx11uWM3---WezguDKEDBzALvrKrZil6kgA_nCluOya6oT5zD3jrDcGLrAWVfQkh4eqnx1k6pYn00RX735YctsI5XTSr4Oc1eAKuK-yCIkZdbs2sOEfW6WpnaAwNfG_JeUVSPG7ppEVnQxJQ485Hd_4Gc_SVqDuNAAvd7APzsiFnKSLJxq4QhzZgZZKqdH6_iZDEwP2utlWNoKN-2qvc0l5Wkve2gCLbbPizvNU1fRW1gB7412IwwJVhbJ2CvrWfWplA4eZcKR1XFnhh8XKvL5iAetvl8BN8GbIN4dvLgVtQvt_xRXF2jI4VK5l_KMjtPBAp01GX5bS_eSOBOnk2jX1O7L8U6xCZAnMIhl8u66Po3SwXAd85cnyk_y2HzyCFDj6tg2jBIPA0BiMTwZQqBQo3APMVvIhw9qf2_t2XL4PE73zmkO_26XkE=w1023-h767-no

Riveting F704 C/D to F704 and I tilted a little and marked the vertical support (F704 C/D) web. I hit it with a little scothbrite and I plan to drop a little primer in there.
I normally would just make sure there were no sharp edges and move on but this being part of the heart of the structure of the airplane, I thought I'd ask the brain trust what you think about this.
You can probably tell this is about .001" deep.

Greg

Do what you said you'd do and build on!

You might want to replace that rivet. Looks like a smiley there!

Pictures

Sorry to those that can't see the pictures.
I tried using OneDrive but that doesn't work at all. Google only seems to work for some people...which makes no sense what-so-ever. There's got to be a better way to do this.
I'll see if there's another site to use...

Greg

oh my galt1074, pict showing good here, but you gotta order a new kit, no way around it ;)

Usually called a :)...

Yup

You are going to get those occasionally. One has to decide if they are building a show plane or a go fast plane. Mine started out as a show plane, after the second rivet it is now a go fast plane.

Thanks

DC and John,

Thanks a lot for the encouragement. I was pretty sure I was okay here...done that a couple times earlier in the build. I think I just read the Piper AD for wing spars and got a little spooked.
Building on!

Greg

That's super minor. Buff out the sharp edges of the scar on the spar web with a scotch brite and touch up with primer.

I'm in the go plane category myself. If its looks pretty in the end, all the better!

Back