What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 fun

panhandler1956

Well Known Member
Flew down to southern Ohio to have lunch with my son. I couldn't resist getting a few photos after not flying for a month.

16813411036_c411428036_o.jpg

16837373311_a43fc49074_o.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/0TyG8DOKzi/?taken-by=fixedwingbuddha

Great photos Brent. I love the first one, you're either inverted, or about to dock with the ISS.

Great photos Brent. I love the first one, you're either inverted, or about to dock with the ISS.

That's what I thought too. Just a little bit of Photoshop on the dark portion and it sure would look like space.

I was about to ask if Paul and Vans had teamed up to give Burt Rutan a run for his money!

fHUQdJf3PsTihbwv-575x575.png

Last edited:
That is a phenomenal illusion.

Touch that one up and enter it in every photography contest you can.

Win prizes.

Rinse, repeat.

Thanks for SO much!

The pictures are fabulous! However, I want to thank you even more for your "build log". Your site is my "go to" when I have a problem or seem to be getting lost in a process. I have read almost every word on every page. Thanks so much for making the HUGE effort to so thoroughly, document your journey!

Thanks everyone for the kind words! The pic was taken at 4500', but due to the fisheye and the perspective, it does look funky.

I used my GoPro Hero 3 Black edition mounted to the wing tip mounting screws at the spar. I used screws for all the fiberglass tips so I could mount optics.

It was running 1020 video during a routine aileron roll. I have to say, I have more fun pulling still images out of my videos than I do with the video itself.

Build, or Fly, ON!

The pictures are fabulous! However, I want to thank you even more for your "build log". Your site is my "go to" when I have a problem or seem to be getting lost in a process. I have read almost every word on every page. Thanks so much for making the HUGE effort to so thoroughly, document your journey!

You are so very welcome! I'm glad it's a help. I no longer have a Windows based machine to run the software so it's just out there. Someday, I may true to put into a more user-friendly format.

Back