What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Judy Avery

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
All,

Bob asked that I publish this for the Avery's many friends in the RV community. His wife Judy passed on Dec 17.

Obit at: https://vansairforce.net/AveryTools.htm

VAFDR_136%20Dec.%2027%2011.19.jpg

I'm guessing the order forms for every tool I bought for my RV-6 passed over Judy's desk at one time or another. The Avery's helped thousands of us get our planes in the sky. This one hurts.

With deepest condolences,
Doug​

Last edited:
A very nice lady, always friendly and helpful to the Averys’ many customers. She is sorely missed. Kelli and I offer the Averys our prayers for comfort. Hang in there, Bob.

Sad news

Bob,
So sorry to hear of Judy's passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Please call me if there is anything I can do.
Jerry

My condolences to the Avery family. It was always a pleasure to go to there place to get tools. You were treated like family even if it was the first time you had been there. She was a special lady that will be greatly missed.

us also

Our condolences to Bob on Judy's passing, we enjoyed our conversations with Judy over the years as we bought many tools and even assisted at Sun n Fun booth coverage. Take care Bob

Bob, you and Judy touched many lives, and our condolences indeed.
I remember one moment many years ago that I was frustrated with my project because I didn't have the right tool. So I picked up the phone, and guess who...

Judy and her family have done so much for the community over the years - I really enjoyed visiting with them and their team at Oshkosh, and still enjoy looking through their old catalogs from time to time, and using the excellent tools they made available to us. Godspeed, Judy!

When I was looking for a tool kit for my RV-8 build there was only one real choice, and that was Avery.

I remember talking to Judy and her patience dealing with an idiot Brit who had no idea the difference between a 2X and 3x gun!

My sincere condolences to her family.

My deepest condolences

to the Avery family. I enjoyed speaking with Bob at Sun n Fun and with Judy and him over the phone. They are truly kind people who made a difference in the lives of homebuilders and children. What a loss to our community and to society.

My Sincere Condolences

Being 'local', anytime I needed a specialty tool, I just buzzed up to Avery's. Even if I'd called in my order (knowing I could be in and out the door in 1-minute) I always planned on much longer. Why? I was fascinated by the Avery's birds! I am not a bird person at all, but I was always so intrigued by them. I would always see new awards, ribbons, or some other accolade regarding the birds. When I would ask about it, Judy was always so kind and just loved to tell me all about them. I was very intrigued and fascinated by the time and dedication that she put into raising her birds. I loved the conversations, and offer my sincere condolences to the Avery family.

Gary Robertson

Such a key link in the chain of building and flying my RV. So sorry to hear this news. Prayers for Bob and the family!

Such a shame. She and her family are the nicest folks.
My most sincere condolences to Bob and her family.
I was stuck in Dallas giving some training and had a free day so I traveled out to see what they had that I just couldn't live without. The picture with the cats reminded me that one of them followed me around for scratches while I picked up the things I "needed". They gave me a tour around their facility and showed me their machines and projects. Between the Avery family and Jay Pratt I had a most enjoyable day talking little airplanes while stuck away from home.

RIP

Condolences to the Avery family on their loss. I bought all of my tools, and just about everything they had in their catalog while I was building my -4. They were always a pleasure to deal with.

I don't spend a whole lot of time on here any more. This is not the kind of news you want to see. I am so sorry to hear this Bob. Judy was a terrific gal and will be sorely missed.

Touched

Thank you all for the thoughts, and great memories.

Dads doing pretty well. He is working hard in the shop.

Back