What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

final payment notification

Ron B.

Well Known Member
My friend has ordered all the RV-14 kits and was given an invoice and understood that Van's would not be notifying him when final payment was due.
If I recall correctly they notified me shortly before payment was required in order to proceed to crating. Has this changed?
Thanks

Have you tried calling them lately for one and they are extremely busy so if someone on here could answer it would help Van's not having to answer one more call.

Have you tried calling them lately for one and they are extremely busy so if someone on here could answer it would help Van's not having to answer one more call.

I haven't, but just so you known any information you get here may not be up to date or even accurate.

While VAF is a Van's Aircraft dedicated forum, it isn't officially affiliated with the company.

Although there are Van's employees that are members here that will chime in from time to time it isn't an official source for factory support.

So you're best source for accurate, up to date info is from Van's Aircraft directly :)

Have your friend send an e-mail to [email protected].

Barb, Ann, or Kim will get back to them about any questions they have.

Not going to answer for them, because I don't know what procedures / policies are in place at the moment.

Well that worked out great!

Un-official answer = Best to contact Vans directly
but...
Official answer = Best to contact Vans directly
ok...
:)

Just to chime in, I've always received prompt responses from the kit@ email address, including in the past couple weeks as I pulled the trigger on my finish kit.

Contact Vans but here is a recent answer

I ordered my 14A Fuse kit a couple of months ago (shipping is delayed quite a bit).

The paperwork that I was sent showed the final balance due, and when/how to send and also had the language at the bottom in bold:

*THIS IS THE ONLY NOTICE FOR PAYMENT THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE*

So the answer I believe is yes, they no longer notify.

I ordered my 14A Fuse kit a couple of months ago (shipping is delayed quite a bit).
The paperwork that I was sent showed the final balance due, and when/how to send and also had the language at the bottom in bold:

I must be missing something. How is this not a "notification"?

Last edited:
I must be missing something. How is this not a "notification"?

Order a kit, the delivery is 2 or three months out and you get an invoice when you order. Basically the way I see it now, you pay fully up front. You have to pay now or risk having delays. I guess you could pay in two months and if the kits would be ready earlier, someone else would get it and you should be in que for delivery after they receive payment. Lots can happen in two months, that's just how I feel not my friend. He just wants to know when to pay.
I have sent an e-mail to Van's inquiring as suggested by others.
On a side note, when I first started in business 33 years ago , I did not feel comfortable accepting money from customers before I had the work done. As time passed and getting having trouble collecting from a few people , I soon got comfortable accepting money (if offered) before work was completed. If it wasn't right I could always return some, much easier than getting more later.

I vaguely remember similar notification when I bought my -8 kit in the 1997-98 timeframe.

Back