What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pilot height

DEG

I'm New Here
I have a friend in the Houston, TX area that is looking at purchasing an RV12. He is 6’4” tall. I am wondering if there is anyone in the Houston area who owns a 12 that would be willing to let him sit in your plane to see if he fits before he purchases the aircraft.

I'm guessing he'll fit. Need to remove the wedge from underneath the bottom seat cushion to allow more headroom...

More important than overall height is leg length and torso length. Some folks got short legs and long bodies. Some got short bodies and long legs.

Customize to fit!

He'll probably want to remove the wedge and the cushion, and replace with a lawn chair pad, thicker gel pad or custom thinner seat pad.

I'm 6'5" with 36 " inseam and that what I ended up doing.

I have a friend in the Houston, TX area that is looking at purchasing an RV12. He is 6’4” tall. I am wondering if there is anyone in the Houston area who owns a 12 that would be willing to let him sit in your plane to see if he fits before he purchases the aircraft.

Sure. I'm based at Fair Weather Field (TX42).

Tall pilot

I'm 6'5" and I have the flight line seats and I manage to fit even with a sun shade on the canopy. My knees do prevent me from having full deflection of the flaperons but I'm not sure I would ever need to make a full deflection in flight.

Back