What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aero Sport Power

Team-Aero Sport

I'm New Here
Aero Sport Power: Thanks for all your support over the decades.

What an amazing time at Oshkosh Air Venture 2014! It was great to see so many current and future customers at our booth. We had five team members manning our booth at Air Venture 2014 and you can expect to see more of us in 2015. We have had the pleasure of meeting many of you at the trade shows and fly-in's we have attended in Arlington, Washington; Anchorage, Alaska; Lakeland, Florida; Calgary, Alberta; and British Columbia.

We have been busy over the past few months with the change of control and expansion of our group of companies and in the interest of correcting some misconceptions circulating through some popular websites and forums, we respectfully provide the following factual information about our Group of Companies:

? Progressive Air Services was founded in 1975 by Alvin Hickey and Brian Barron and later joined by their long-time partner George Tetreau. Aero Sport Power was founded in 1997 and has always been a part of the Progressive Air Group of Companies.

? In April 2014, Todd Collins and Rob Wharf purchased the Progressive Air Group of Companies which included the purchase of Aero Sport Power, Progressive Air Services, and ProAero Aviation. Rob Wharf served as the General Manager at Progressive Air since 2012. Hickey, Barron and Tetreau remain as advisors and continue to provide support and guidance to the Progressive Air Group.

? Until April 2014, Alvin, Brian and George were the controlling owners of Aero Sport Power. Bart Lalonde was an employee who had been given a minority share interest in Aero Sport Power. Bart requested to retire in 2011 and have his shares purchased by the founders. This was successfully completed in 2011.

? Sue Gregor retired from Aero Sport Power in April 2014 from her position of Sales Manager.

? While we appreciate Bart and Sue?s past participation, since their departure, we have retained our top notch team of master engine builders and industry knowledgeable people who have provided our customers with high quality engines without interruption for 17+ years.

? Combined, Aero Sport Power and ProAero Aviation have 13 master engine builders, AMEs and technicians. We have spent time, energy and resources cross training all of our employees to be able to work in both the certified and uncertified shops. One of our master engine builders recently accomplished his 800th engine build.

? Since April 2014, we have increased our staffing from 25 to 29 across the three Progressive Air Group of Companies. We look forward to continuing the growth of our group of companies.

? At this time, the Progressive Air Group of Companies continues to support: Lycoming, Continental, Superior Air Parts, and ECi aeronautical products. Please refer to our websites for a complete list of products.

? As always, we will continue to offer repair and overhaul of engines & accessories, new parts for piston aircraft engines, NDT, machining, performance enhancing modifications and airframe services.

? Warranties will remain unaffected by the acquisition. We have no hesitation supporting all engines built, overhauled, & repaired by Aero Sport Power over the years--estimated to be about 2,000 engines. Additionally, we will continue to do the same for our certified engine shop, ProAero Aviation previously named ProAero Engines?estimated to be around 7,000 engines. This is a total of 9,000 engines that the Progressive Air Group of Companies has repaired, overhauled and/or assembled over the past four decades.

We look forward in continuing to provide high quality engines and aeronautical products to both the certified and uncertified markets for the next 40 years and beyond. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us by e-mail [email protected] , [email protected] or telephone 877-376-0861 or drop by our booth at one of the many events we will be attending in the future!

Stay tuned for further announcements!

Sincerely,

Rob Wharf
President, Progressive Air Group of Companies

Welcome to VAF!

Rob, welcome aboard the good ship VAF:D

Always good to see another vendor become a member.

Rob,

I'd like to add my thanks for your post as well. Although I did not buy my engine from Aerosport, had I the chance to rewind that decision, I might do that. Aside from building a good engine, what experimental builders need is good advice in the pre-purchase process, and excellent after-the-sale support. I can tell you there's an opportunity to set yourself apart from your competition in these areas and I wish you good luck in the future!

It is very good for everyone when vendors participate here. You will do well by monitoring this forum.

Look forward to seeing the announcements.

Thank you!

Bevan
Abbotsford BC

Seem less

Bart sold me my engine 6 years ago at Oshkosh with a warrantee after engine start. I just completed phase I 3 months ago and the aerosport team has honored all requests. Very happy with my aerosport decision. Would have gone with IO instead of carb but that was my decision.

Thanks guys

Rob- thanks for the company update, and thanks for all the help you gave me when I was buying my engine and getting it up and running. Every time I needed some hand holding getting off the ground, you were there to answer all my questions. It was great doing business with Aero Sport. If I build again, you will have a repeat customer.

Back