What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lifting an RV

sjhurlbut

Well Known Member
Anybody used Aerolift for their RV? I'd like to get something for my RV6. If anyone has a second hand one for sale? The price is a bit steeper than I expected.

There is one in Vans Aircraft's hangar......

lift1.jpg

Not for sale though

AeroLift

I found a used AeroLift, with the old screw type lift that was stuck and wouldnt move. I then bought the retro-fit kit from AeroLift. Installed it..and works GREAT. Hard to find used ones..guys tend to hang onto them. But much cheaper than another hangar.

I think there is a used one for sale in Springbank, will wander over to the club & see if the poster is still on the wall & PM you.

Wayne Hadath, Waterloo, has two modified car lifts in his hangar. Four airplanes where there used to be two. The modifications are simple cross pieces that catch the wheels.

Aero Lift

They are not cheap and really hard to find used. If you do buy used or new and need the tailwheel attachment let me know. I purchased the option for my Highlander and then figured out I really didn't need it.

For anyone else thinking of using the Areo Lift on an RV10 let me know. The standard "L" shaped legs will not work. I sent them drawings of what I needed and they fabricated them. The main wheel scoops are also too narrow for the RV10 wheel pants. I had a friend weld an additional 3" to the plates.

Gary

2a9zngg.jpg
[/IMG]

2cih7ps.jpg
[/IMG]

Aerolift for sale

Aerolift 2500 configured with nosewheel and tailwheel attachments, moving wheels and extension for aircraft with large horizontal tail to clear the vertical post (example is the Stearman).
Lightly used to lift a RV8 for winter storage. Located Niagara Falls, Canada.
Asking US 10,000.
[email protected]

Back