What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap Switch Location

mdmba

Recently picked up RV-8. Flap switch is on the throttle lever. Not in love with the location, or is that the 'go to' location?? Where else has the switch been mounted? Any insight would be helpful.
Thanks

Mine is on each control stick. I have the military style Infinity grips. Good location for the flap switch.

Mounted just forward of the throttle on the panel in front.

You can get your thumb to it quite easily with hands on throttle.

Stick your thumb forward and there is your location !

I also have my flap switch on left sub-panel just in front of throttle quadrant. You can see it just below my air vent, and to the right of Hobbs meter. It puts it near my left hand that will be working the switch, and also simplifies the wiring considerably.

eq8g41.jpg

I still in the building stage, but I plan to have a switch on the panel in what might be considered the standard configuration and probably going with the Infinity Stick grips with the flap switch on the stick. I haven't 100% decided on those grips though so I added the panel one too.

Flap switch

Mine's on the left sub-panel like Sam's and works there, but puts a little stress on my damaged rotator cuff. If I were doing it again I would consider putting the switch close to the throttle has as has been mentioned.

Back