What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV 10 pricing

mdmba

I will be selling my nicely equipped RV 10 this spring..and was wondering about pricing. Of course, i dont want to leave money on the table, but want to make this a win/win for all parties. Specs: 2017 RV 10, 3-3GX, GTN 750, 307 AP, GTX 345R, ADSB In/Out, EFII w new IO-540, Built in O2, Full leather interior, Hartzell prop, Painted...220 TTSNEW, builder assist program. I think it is one of the nicest RV 10 out there..but then again..i might be biased :) You know...i guess I could always ask.."ONE MILLON DOLLARS....(pinky in corner of mouth)..and see if i get any takers. Suggestions?

Weight? Performance? Cruise fuel burn?

There are a lot of pretty but heavy RV-10s out there. Some want just that, others want efficient cross country. Market as appropriate.

Built in O2 is not attractive to some as portable is more practicable, so be ready for that pushback.

Do you install the EFII? If so, will you include the orginal injection system in the deal? That might be a nice pot sweetener. Addionally you might want to list details on the electrical system you installed to support the EFII.

Carl

Last edited:
My buddy just sold his 2008 plans built, steam gauge minimal interior, carbed IO-540, maybe a few hundred hours plane for $140k. So somewhere north of that I would assume.

....Built in O2 is not attractive to some as portable is more practicable, so be ready for that pushback....

Don't be shy about that one. For some people built-in O2 would be a highly desirable feature. However, it does make filling up more expensive generally, if the bottle's not easily removable.

Dave

O-540

A carbed IO-540 is a rarity - should bring a lot more than market :eek::D:p

I bought one this year, it will do almost everything the injected model does without the hot start issues. I suspect I burn a gallon per hour more than Gammi balanced injector models.

I think that the plane mentioned here is at the bottom on the price range for a -10. Mine has a G3x all Garmin panel with a great paint job.

Jesse Saint or Vic Syracuse would be the experts on -10 values but the one mentioned in the OP is close to the top end of the market value IMHO.

Oxygen

I like to keep things light, so I chose a portable 4-place system with a 22cf Jumbo D bottle mounted between the rear seats. However, it seemed I always brought it with me, so the weight savings were a bit of a moot point.

I just installed a Mountain High built-in system with a 48cf carbon fiber bottle mounted on the back side of the baggage bulkhead. It has a remote switch in the center console, an O2D2 unit for the front and constant flow for the rear pax. I now have more than twice the O's and the system weighs less than the portable! Easy fill-ups too from my home brew fill station and welding bottles. I don't anticipate ever having to fill away from home with 48cf onboard...

I will be selling my nicely equipped RV 10 this spring..and was wondering about pricing. Of course, i dont want to leave money on the table, but want to make this a win/win for all parties. Specs: 2017 RV 10, 3-3GX, GTN 750, 307 AP, GTX 345R, ADSB In/Out, EFII w new IO-540, Built in O2, Full leather interior, Hartzell prop, Painted...220 TTSNEW, builder assist program. I think it is one of the nicest RV 10 out there..but then again..i might be biased :) You know...i guess I could always ask.."ONE MILLON DOLLARS....(pinky in corner of mouth)..and see if i get any takers. Suggestions?

The right buyer should have no problem paying $225k or more if they appreciate all the specific equipment. Build quality and paint condition will also make a difference.

weight..

weight 1694lb
Built in O2 is AWESOME...use it all the time when i fly above 9000..why not..its there!
165TAS 9.8gph

I've seen postings on various classified sites for top notch planes in the 250-260k range.

Again, excellent paint, perfect condition (newish) engine, current day high end avionics, beautiful interior and good build quality.

I would be interested in exploring that option vs building. I sent you a PM.

If the fit/finish is great, with nice paint, then easily worth north of 220K. You would also be outperforming store bought aircraft that cost twice that.

Back