- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:34 PM

Default Interesting Rocket Ad

I have enjoyed the RV6 I purchased so much that I am considering a Rocket. I have been watching the ads. I have a business for sale and if that goes through will switch from watching to actively looking. I did however come across a aircraft that interested me. I am not sure if I would want to call on the aircraft after reading the ad. Perhaps I am putting to much into what was written but it sounds almost hostile to possible purchasers. Here is part of it.

No dreamers, schemers or trades. No joyrides! Get permission from your wife, and get your own insurance quote. Do your research before calling me, save the dumb questions for the RV guys(!), and get your finances straight, or don't waste my time.

Would any of you respond to this ad?

George
Old 12-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Forum Peruser

Sounds like he has had a lot of lookers...but no takers! If you're serious, check it out...but methinks you shouldn't offer any "excuses" to the guy. If you like it, make him an offer. If you don't like it, tell him so and walk away.
Pilots'n Paws Pilot
N79599/ADS-B In and Out...and I like it!

?Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights;
it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard
Old 12-06-2011, 03:40 PM

He's probably had toooooo many tire kickers in the past. If I were interested, I'd call him on the phone & see what his attitude really is.

Marshall Alexander
Old 12-06-2011, 03:44 PM

I would not unless I wanted to pay $119,500 for the airplane without speaking with him. I'm all for being PIC and blunt but this guy is just being an a$$hole. Saying that, I know this guy and that is just the way he is.

The flaps say something like:

No Step
No Kids
Just keep your a$$ off!

Edit: I will say that when I first saw this plane about 5 years ago it was a masterpiece. I briefly saw it about 2 years ago but didn't pay much attention since I had seen it before. Unless he has really abused it, I'm sure it is a nice aircraft.

RV-7 Sold
RV-4 - Flying - O-320 Fixed Pitch - Red over Yellow

Last edited by Sid Lambert : 12-06-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:54 PM

Assuming you have the real interest, I'd probably be as blunt with him as he is with his ad. Also lends me to make everything more official, more in writing, etc...and quite "steamroll resistant".
-Rick Greer, VAF #2492
Old 12-06-2011, 04:19 PM

people can be very interesting but not good sales man. a person like this can ruin a sale so be patient and good luck. i have not seen any 'bad' rockets. you are definitely a speed demon. keep us posted on your venture.
Stuart, Fl / S WINDSOR,Ct / Virgin Gorda, BVI - under major repair from hurricane damage
VAF #840 EAA AOPA FAC FABA QB SPA
addicted pickle ball player
https://i.postimg.cc/tn3h4svg/IMG-3101.jpg
Old 12-06-2011, 04:31 PM

If anyone wants to buy a sailboat charter business I will give them free Rocket Rides!!!

George
Old 12-06-2011, 04:37 PM

Maybe a little blunt but he's right...there are a lot of tire kickers out there. And you would be surprised at how many times I've had to tell kids to get off of friends planes at flyins with the parents 3 feet away. I've seen kids walking across RV wings, standing on wheelpants, climbing up on flaps. Last year I politely told a parent to remove their child off of a friends Tailwind wheelpant and he stormed off to the next plane and stood the kid on the wheelpant. I about got unglued!

Please don't PM me! Email only!

Bob Japundza CFI A&PIA
N9187P PA-24-260B Comanche, flying
N678X F1 Rocket, under const.
N244BJ RV-6 "victim of SNF tornado" 1200+ hrs, rebuilding
N8155F C150 flying
N7925P PA-24-250 Comanche, restoring
Not a thing I own is stock.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:02 PM

sounds like you will be buying a prized plane if you get it
Old 12-07-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
No dreamers, schemers or trades. No joyrides! Get permission from your wife, and get your own insurance quote. Do your research before calling me, save the dumb questions for the RV guys(!), and get your finances straight, or don't waste my time.

Would any of you respond to this ad?
I wouldn't waste my time. He obviously doesn't want to answer any questions.

Like it or not it's a buyers market and part of selling a plane is dealing with tire kickers. You just never know when a tire kicker with "dumb" questions has a pocket full of cash and will turn into a buyer.

Based on the comments in the ad I would wonder if he really has a personality that lends itself to good judgement which I thnk is essential in doing a good job building a good quality aircraft.

Milt Concannon

Last edited by N395V : 12-07-2011 at 07:48 AM. Reason: sp