Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > Safety
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2010, 11:22 AM

Default Offer for Screws

I found the replacement screws locally, Thanks for the offer, we've all learned a little from this.

Jerry
Old 06-08-2010, 09:27 AM

I could not find anything in the box that told me to stake these screws. I have the valve already installed. Perhaps a dab of RTV or Proseal on the screws will hold them in place?
www.eaa242.org/
N194MH first flight on 08-26-12
Old 06-08-2010, 12:10 PM

Default EEECKS!

I have a fuel selector and a gascolator. I was wondering what all the extra screws were for, and I noticed that the holes looked like they needed something but I never put the two together. I had started to install the gascolator without them.

I looked at the instructions that came with both parts and I can't find any mention of setting the clocking on the flanges and the need to install and stake the screws. Didn't find it on the Andair web page, either. If someone is able to find it, please post a link on this thread.

This thread came along just in time for me! Maybe I would have discovered this the first time I tested the aux fuel pump. But maybe I would have discovered it at a much less convenient time.

I wonder what else I'm forgetting....

cfrv9aproject.blogspot
Old 06-08-2010, 08:18 PM

I checked my gas selector with a mirror. Two sides are staked, one isn't, and I don't know if there is a plate on the opposite side........yet. I'll check the instructions for that. At least the one side is easy to get to, and the opposite side can be done by removing the seat pans. I figure the staked parts must have been factory, since I don't remember doing it. However, the unstaked screws are still tight. In the meantime, it's always worthwhile that items such as these come up on this forum. Thanks to this forum, I didn't install my outside temp probes in the NACA intakes, and get readings of 6 degrees higher.... like two others I know. Yes, this forum is worth it!

L.Adamson --- RV6A