What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What'd you do w/your RV this weekend? (12/21-22/2019)

Nived17

I guess I'll take the lead this weekend...

We sent a few messages out to a few groups and met at POU for breakfast. We had 4 RV-4's and an RV-14 on the ramp plus a 182 and two Mooneys and forgot to take a picture :( Breakfast at Paula's Runway Cafe was spectacular and Paula treated us all like royalty as did the FBO staff at Flight Level Aviation.

From there, after a lengthy briefing, Pat and I chased each other around the Hudson River valley before joining up as a tight two-ship down the VFR corridor past the lovely Lady Liberty.

The pictures were nothing shy of phenomenal. These airplanes are AWESOME!

Last edited:
South central MN

I flew from the Twin Cities Anoka County airport (home base) to St. James, MN for fuel yesterday (and I needed an excuse to fly).

This picture is looking straight west from a few miles north of Mankato, MN. It's somewhat amazing when one notes that every little "dot" of dark in the snow is a farm. For scale, the roads are on a grid of 1 mile. Think about how each farm has its own multi-generational story, probably dating back 150 years or so.

The town just at the landing light lens is Gaylord, MN, population 2,200 or so.

The Minnesota River valley can be seen in the distance, going from NW to SE. This picture probably represents about 1/10,000th of the farms in the midwest...

kewrm9APOOduMKZ0RT_LhWVJnckL0WJabPvJhhzVG4iqkj7SmRIBnPDWcMw6esLvdvovuHDVhmswGM1XgEly_WXSNMyoMN77KLk9XEO50nYi48uEm6ySKxIeiwuuvFiQq7k4nHDCIDytUvB8fKiyT32Oo8xZEHf-hWZjm4l7i_yFlhJKR3Y88O6PCa0aUgN_IErvSJ-CVWqRgAJ9aLaAwqHlXRy_96Q24aqye-_BrNdjBBJxRsatcEmqH1mS5W3BLIoWq7yGGSn2P9JEnbg7H_-E29awX62hTkqRtGtcQC6RLdDZ0ZoSqKFK6_PWc6-8srgZDDdDCglcBecRqIZd5PFQdoknkD5xcEFH5ajzkgvrq8QTEPlwNzKij99fpwm-fdVYbIeTBowYfUqy46DCiPXOfXMOes-m2rLA_ep1qD00xPjUpBfZjf86mpI-DHM2EEEzOERfvQ2N13vvKXD3-fPvfM5NuG0zjWTfTbip_tu1UPbJ5gqZ8bVn5aeAxme8STNAIU5gBXmCPGkAAvcDvPwXyN1zFDh3EtShQNKH-hZr2WYIndRolSJvyfaF6_97NP1_jkqKycWchxAxtlqe-MJ8Z67EbdVDKKBCQ37k7h7d7cMNTZf1E32KsZVuRFQuJHUB9VLU7y7g0guPzXwVl5-kjgcp2sqEC7VOAo3AlojciQIAKaMTfzi5Dry9YFNw_nFYPKFSUUcpZIR8yUHjrh9aUp28bkzU6kmNkzBZaoVxfX5f=w800-no

Day trip to Houston just for lunch with the David Wayne Hooks guys, and I drug along a potential RV builder for a look-see. He hand-flew some of the trip back and I think I may have set the hook pretty good.

I visited my old hangar at KAPA and birth place of my RV4. That airport is under the 30 mile veil and I'll be restricted after Jan 1. I won't be installing ADS-B so keep an eye out for me :)

I'm happy to report the old hangar is in great condition as is my 30 year old -4.

Cheers, Hans

Back