What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

console

raz@zuehl

Rebuilding an RV-7 (bought wreck) Need to talk to someone who has installed a console. It seems as if the vendor (Xtreme Aircraft Products) has gone out of business. I need to know what quadrant to use and where to get one, also where to drill the cable holes in firewall, what cables to get. I an near San Antonio TX. Ron PH> 2 one zero/ 3 one three/ eight 5 3 seven or Email at
[email protected] Would also like to set in one with console Thanks Ron

Rebuilding an RV-7 (bought wreck) Need to talk to someone who has installed a console. It seems as if the vendor (Xtreme Aircraft Products) has gone out of business. I need to know what quadrant to use and where to get one, also where to drill the cable holes in firewall, what cables to get. I an near San Antonio TX. Ron PH> 2 one zero/ 3 one three/ eight 5 3 seven or Email at
[email protected] Would also like to set in one with console Thanks Ron

My 2c, forgo the quadrant and the console, not enough room.

I definitely agree with Walt. I have a friend that has a 9-A with a center console and it?s really uncomfortable. You feel like you?re having to wedge yourself into the cockpit. You should be looking for every possible way to maximize your room.

A friend of mine is currently removing one because it is so uncomfortable he can only fly for an hour at a time.

e8se80.jpg

I installed a quadrant but no console. The quadrant is great except when I have to get under the panel...

Same here...quadrant, no console. Made some cover plates for the sides of the quadrant, and it looks great, plus I can stretch my legs out across the floor on long flights to keep them from getting all stiff (age is taking its toll!).

I also cut down the fuel pump housing, since I have the Andair pump and it has a very low profile. Gives just that much more room.

+1 no console. Angle under the panel just to mount push pull for throttle, prop, mixture (and alt air) only takes up a few inches vertically, is OK and what I did. This gives you more room for switches and avionics. You need no plans for that, pretty simple. Mount the angle with nut plates and screws.

That throttle quadrant on RV7 to Go is fancy.... pretty.... but I prefer push pull vernier controls.

Back