What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Milestone - 700 hours

JBPILOT

Well Known Member
I post every 100 hours to encourage those building to keep it up. I am the Flyout Coordinator for our EAA chapter, so fly all year long.

Congratulations John and thanks

for all your help over the years. Is there a list somewhere of the hoses, etc. needed for the 5-year Rotax rubber replacement?

Wayne 120241/143WM

I built 3 homebuilts before my RV-12 and every one was a disappointment. My RV-12 has become my favorite plane. My Cherokee sits in the hangar on most weekends while I fly this great little airplane. Mine only has 250 hours, but I look forward to many more hours of enjoyment catching up to you!:)

John, you're a flyin fool! Good for you! BTW, have you installed, or plan to, the new throttle? I'm waiting for them to get the carb spring design pinned down before I pull the trigger on that one.

Wayne & John

Wayne - another thread has covered this a lot.

John - still have original throttle and got used to it early on, and still have OEM springs. Happy with it. I do not slide ( force ) my throttle thru loose tension. I loosen the tensioner, move the throttle, the tighten it again. Just got used to doing it. Mine holds every time.

Way to go John. It's good to know our RV12's should hold together for at least 700 hours. I have 200 hours on mine. At my current rate of flying I'll reach 700 hours in the year 2025 and be 90 years old so I should be good to go.

need a pirep on that!

John,
congrats....and you are an inspiration!
tell us, how do you plan and execute such a full schedule? I don't think I could hit 700 if I LIVED in my plane!
keep up posting, maybe every 50!

( I will hit 700 hrs in the year 2094, I'll be 130, so will have to start watching my blood pressure eh?)

Perry - -

I am retired. I check the weather every day. If a good day is coming up per forecast and TV weather, then I send out a suggestion and let the people on the email list send back suggestions, and go from there. We usually have flyouts of less than 150 miles, but many are over 75 miles out, so 2 hours per flyout is not too hard to get. Along with fly-in breakfast throughout the season, I get 100 - 150 hours per year. Cheapest flying I can do. The RV-12 has been great. Gas is about $3.30/gal now, and that helps also.

Hmmmmmmmm -

maybe that explains the 10 pair of tires I've had to replace ! ( only 295 hours, but who's counting ).

BOSCOBEL YES IT WAS - - -

Was a great Fly-in Breakfast. Lots of nice planes there that day. I try to make it to at least one every weekend during season. Sometimes 2 in the same day. Only really nice thing about flying in the winter is when you get back, NO BUGS to wash off.

Back