What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Advanced Flight AF-5000 Video

N402RH

Well Known Member
Normal EFIS display in flight

Press the Video button and you get a full screen video display from an Ipad

We have just added video input support for AF-5000 systems. The video input can be used to display movies or a FLIR camera in full or partial screen mode.

We are not done yet.... more cool features are on the way.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems Inc.
N402RH RV-10

Can you display video input and still split the single screen? Say 80% video and 20% engine monitor?

Can you display video input and still split the single screen? Say 80% video and 20% engine monitor?

I think clearly he is coming in with an overlay plan, so you can have your flight instruments ghosted over the video feed (i.e, for FLIR, or for in flight "entertainment")

now you can watch your Sporty's Video's while you fly, learn as you go!

Maybe you should have the A/P engage when you push the Video button ;)

Funny. But look at the AFS AP head above the left efis - it's engaged so he's safe. Though he is at 2000 feet and watching The Hangover, so .....Kinda disappointed though - the movie Airplane with the opening sequence would have been a fitting first movie to watch.

We are currently using a USB to composite video adaptor. We have an Apple Composite AV cable for the Ipad.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC748ZM/A/apple-composite-av-cable

We are currently working on the overlays for the FLIR display. We have an EFIS contract for multiple turbine aircraft that will use the FLIR display and some other cool things that we can't talk about :cool:

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10

Exactly what I was waiting for.

What is needed to get the update? Is it a simple software update or do they need to be sent in?

Thanks
Brian

Exactly what I was waiting for.

What is needed to get the update? Is it a simple software update or do they need to be sent in?

Thanks
Brian

It currently only works on units with a touch screen, we are working on an update for non touch screens.

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10

Back