What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CB-00025 CB-00026 threading, 47-14

Aluminum

Well Known Member
Did anyone else have trouble putting the thread on CB-00025 and CB-00026? The threading die I have lying around won't touch that stainless.

Any reason not to use 8-32 threaded rod instead, zinc-plated or stainless?

On some other installations I've seen, the baffles were simply pulled together with safety wire under the cylinders.

Did anyone else have trouble putting the thread on CB-00025 and CB-00026? The threading die I have lying around won't touch that stainless.

Any reason not to use 8-32 threaded rod instead, zinc-plated or stainless?

On some other installations I've seen, the baffles were simply pulled together with safety wire under the cylinders.

It requires additional patience as it goes slow but there are other options including safety wire or stainless steal cable. What you need to be careful about, is not to put too much force on the tabs otherwise after some hours vibration will cut thru the tab of the baffle.

I'm doing mine now...it takes time but doable with a new die and good bench vise, liberal amounts of cutting oil and removing the metal shavings with compressed air frequently. Overall probably took 2 hours for the four.

Definitely use that referenced die made of HSS - (high speed steel). Get a couple of 6-32 and 8-32 taps in them too. They are sharper and will cut with less torque reducing the likelihood of breaking something. Yes - lube -lube - lube

Last edited:
Back