What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ground to longeron measurement? RV-7A

jcarne

Well Known Member
Patron
Just put my bird on her mains. It made the plane much much taller than when I had it on horses. (also seems way taller than my buddies -6A) I'm wondering how much them legs flex when you get wings and engine on there? Anyone willing to measure from the ground to the top of the longeron? Either finished or unfinished is fine. Mine is at 53" right now which makes it so tall there is no way the entry step would work unless it came down considerably under weight. Probably totally normal at this point but dang she is tall! Thanks in advance!

Just saw this Jereme. I do not know but plan on settling a bit and the plane finding its happy place! :)

If I get to Swayze hanger I will measure his.

The 7A sits much taller than the 6A. I have a 6A and my hangar mate has a 7A and even though the fuselage is the same between the 2 the 7A looks much bigger because of how high it sits. The 6A sits lower and more nose high.

Just saw this Jereme. I do not know but plan on settling a bit and the plane finding its happy place! :)

If I get to Swayze hanger I will measure his.

Thanks Kent!

The 7A sits much taller than the 6A. I have a 6A and my hangar mate has a 7A and even though the fuselage is the same between the 2 the 7A looks much bigger because of how high it sits. The 6A sits lower and more nose high.

Thanks Eric, that confirms my suspicion. Even after putting the engine on they didn't sag much, and I doubt the wings will sag them much either.

Back