What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Power charts for 8.5:1 O320-E2D?

avrojockey

Well Known Member
Patron
Question?

I have an -E2D topped with ECI jugs and 8.5:1 pistons. What power charts do I use, or more specifically, what engine setting to I use for G3X to display % power?

I would assume one would use a -D model configuration so the Garmin knows 160 hp is the rated power to display the percentage correctly

Engine power

35.4.32.29 Engine Power
Estimated engine power can be calculated for Lycoming and Continental engines, using inputs from RPM, manifold pressure, and fuel flow sensors
(all three are required for engine power calculation).
On the Engine Power Configuration page, select the appropriate engine type (Lycoming or Continental, turbocharged or normally-aspirated).
Then enter the engine's maximum rated power and RPM (for
example, 180 horsepower at 2750 RPM).

Good luck

35.4.32.29 Engine Power
Estimated engine power can be calculated for Lycoming and Continental engines, using inputs from RPM, manifold pressure, and fuel flow sensors
(all three are required for engine power calculation).
On the Engine Power Configuration page, select the appropriate engine type (Lycoming or Continental, turbocharged or normally-aspirated).
Then enter the engine's maximum rated power and RPM (for
example, 180 horsepower at 2750 RPM).

Good luck
Thanks lads...I read the manual again after I posted. I forgot that it doesn't ask for model number just Make and rated HP

Back