What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans & Airbus announce VLJ kit

N395V

Well Known Member
airbuslitesmallin3.jpg

the_other_dougreeves said:
Yes, but how are we going to have the "tip-up vs slider" debate?

Only after we resolve rop vs LOP and there is peace in the middle East :rolleyes:

I'm no Ken Krueger, but my thinking is that this will be pitch sensitive - and if it loses an engine I don't think there's enough rudder.....hold that...maybe there is <g>.

b,
d

Last edited:
Twins

I'm not sure what's funnier, the Vans/Bus itself (nicely done :p ), or the fact that there was an actual plane that looked just as ridiculous: the McDonnell Douglas XF-85.

Really, what were they thinking?!?

mcdonxf85dv0.jpg

Brandon

XF-85

If my history of military aircraft is correct (and this plane was affectionately dubbed the "Goblin") it was designed to be recaptured in flight by a bomber on an external hook (B-52???). Thus..."not a taildragger or a nose gear configuration".

Patrick N. Garboden
Ozark, MO
N942WG (reserved)9A O-235 lyc
N942PT (reserved)9A O-320 lyc

gorbak said:
If my history of military aircraft is correct (and this plane was affectionately dubbed the "Goblin") it was designed to be recaptured in flight by a bomber on an external hook (B-52???). Thus..."not a taildragger or a nose gear configuration".

Patrick N. Garboden
Ozark, MO
N942WG (reserved)9A O-235 lyc
N942PT (reserved)9A O-320 lyc
I think it was supposed to be a self protection fighter for the B-36...

b-36-1949.jpg

Cheers

Back