What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Parts Listing

RV-8 Steel gear legs

I have a set of RV-8 steel gear legs that I intend to sell but can't find a listing on Van's parts list for them. I installed alum gear legs. The part # is U 801L/R. Anybody have any knowledge of how much Van's sells his new ones for if available?:)

Gear legs

When I ordered my fuselage kit, they told me the credit for the gear legs and brackets would be between $550 -$600. You don't get the full credit for the actual price of the components when you delete anything.

Gear legs [update]

I just found my order list from Van's.The gear legs are pt# U-801-L-PC and U-801-R-PC and I received a credit on my order for $291.11 per gear leg. The bracket pt#'s are U-803-PC and U-804-PC and the credit for these were $24.28 for the two 803's and $19.78 for the 804's. The grand total would be $626.28. I am going with the Grove Airfoiled gear and the brackets come with the new gear legs. Hope this helps you.
I should be receiving my fuselage kit the Friday.:D Checked the tracking number with ABF and it was in ALBUQUERQUE, NM.

Exactly the info I needed. I forgot about the mounting brackets so I'll sell them too when I list them. Thanks for the replies.

Back