What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

3D printed Dynon Battery Boxes

Pdtofly

Well Known Member
Patron
I played around with my 3D printer, and came up with a pretty good imitation of the Dynon Battery Box. It has the same dimensions and mounting holes as the original boxes, and the mounting hole part is quit a bit stronger. I did change from these pictures where the wires come out, so the are more towards the side like the Dynon is, but this box was for my modified packs, with has more powerful batteries, and a different balanced board.

So if you have broken mounting tabs, and might be interested, please let me know via email at [email protected]. If I get some interest, I might start printing up a batch, and sell them.

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

Brian

That's a good idea to make the mounting points stronger since the ones on the Dynon battery look like they could break easily. Some reinforcing gussets would improve their design.
I'm mounting my battery with one edge supported by a length of angle, which will bear some of the weight, rather than relying on the lugs alone for support.

Back