Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2022, 02:03 PM

Default Waiting on Empennage Kit.....Are you?

I ordered my all the RV-10 slow build kits back in August 2021. At that time, the listed delay for the empennage kit was four months. I was expecting something in December 2021 (even communication of ETA would have been welcome). After waiting patiently for almost 6 weeks from the message from Van's on delays (12/22/2021), still nothing has been communicated to me. My KitStatus page still shows "Parts being Produced".

With even a small idea that kits are heading out the door, and when those kits were ordered, it would at least give an idea how long it may be, and probably help with the wait.

Perhaps it would be possible to crowd source the state of the delays for the first kit as what the RV-14 folks are doing (and perhaps the most anticipated kit as we are unable to do anything while waiting).

For those of you who ordered your RV-10 empennage kit in 2021, would you mind posting the date of your order, when/if it was shipped, or if not shipped, what the KitStatus page shows.

No doubt Van's is doing their absolute best to get their production system up to speed and trying to get the same from their subcontractors.

To start:

I ordered empennage 8/18/21 - KitStatus => Parts Being Produced
Lake Stevens WA
Indycanard at yahoo dot com
Cozy IV (N85TT)
Long-EZ (building, N925EZ reserved)
RV-10 #42583 Waiting on empennage, but I received the wings and fuselage. I started Chap 21, Ailerons
Old 01-31-2022, 03:06 PM

I ordered my RV-9 empennage during Oshkosh. I suspect the aluminum for my kit is still in beer cans on a convenience store shelf.
Old 01-31-2022, 03:11 PM

Same situation here, ordered in August and waiting as well...............
Old 01-31-2022, 03:24 PM

I ordered my -10 empennage and wing kits in October. At that time the lead times were 6 and 8 months respectively. I noticed that the latest lead time update from Van's has these out to 9 and 11 months. I'm seriously considering firing off my fuselage order as well.

BTW - I'm not far from Frontier; just moved to Marysville.
2022 Donation Happily Paid!
Old 01-31-2022, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyden View Post
I ordered my RV-9 empennage during Oshkosh. I suspect the aluminum for my kit is still in beer cans on a convenience store shelf.
If it would help us at all, I'll commit to drinking more beer
Lake Stevens WA
Indycanard at yahoo dot com
Cozy IV (N85TT)
Long-EZ (building, N925EZ reserved)
RV-10 #42583 Waiting on empennage, but I received the wings and fuselage. I started Chap 21, Ailerons
Old 01-31-2022, 03:49 PM

I am just behind you. I ordered my Emp Kit beginning of September with the same status on my kit.

I ordered empennage 9/8/21 - KitStatus => Parts Being Produced

On the delay post, we were promised an update on kit status. I am still hoping that happens sooner rather than later. I do have some other things going on in life that would be easier to plan around, if I had a rough timetable. Even what quarter would be helpful!

Quote:
We expect to issue revised lead times for most “standard-build” kits currently on order in the coming weeks. Unfortunately, this means that in some cases we will need to revise the estimated delivery timeframes for customers to whom we had previously communicated a date. Once we have concluded this planning process, we will communicate information about pending kit orders with each customer.

We fully understand this is not what those of you currently waiting on kits are hoping to hear. It’s certainly not the news we wish to be communicating. Please know that our team is hard at work on this, and we look forward to sharing more detailed information about your kit order soon. In addition, we are committed to providing information updates to customers. Regular communications will take place on at least a bi-weekly basis beginning next week.
Old 01-31-2022, 05:08 PM

Default RV-8 Empanage Delivery Date?

I have a friend who ordered an RV-8 Emp kit in early July and still hasn't seen or heard anything. Same for me as I ordered an RV-8 finish kit about a week later.
Just looked at the website lead time page and RV-8 emp kits are out 1 more month (to 9 months) from the last time I looked about a month ago, and the other kits are now 11 months.

When I ordered my finish kit, lead time was 6 months, so I suspect it'll be April-June time frame before it's delivered. Fortunately I still have lots to do before I REALLY need it (maybe I shouldn't say that out loud....)

Laird
Old 01-31-2022, 07:43 PM

Same boat as you, ordered my emp for the 10 sometime in August, I want to say the 22nd. Still no word, and Parts being produced.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:48 AM

Ordered Empennage and Wings 8/31/21. Not a peep about either.

ETA Quoted at order
-4 months for Empennage (Expected arrival - New Years)
-7 months for wings (Expected arrival - April 1st)

Both shows parts being produced and I had email kit orders something last week and they still have not replied. I really wish the more timely updated would come sooner than later. I'd almost prefer a working list that shows how many kits are before me or something.
RV-10 Wing Kit - Inventory Complete - In Storage
Synergy South Fundamentals - Completed 12/2021
Blog
N704MA Reserved
Old 02-01-2022, 09:37 AM

I ordered RV-10 empennage early June 2021. Posted lead time on that date was four months, expected crating in September. Was told in September it would be November. Then told December. In December, I was told that they really don't have any idea.
Current status is Parts being Produced.

This thread will be more useful if we get posts from people who have received kits in the last couple of months.

PPL-VFR
RV-10 Builder

Empennage ordered 6/7/2021 - still waiting
Wings ordered 7/16/2021 - Received 4/28/2022
Fuselage ordered 8/25/2021 - received 4/28/2022
Finishing kit ordered 8/25/2021

Dues Paid 2022