What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangars available/inputs on Glendale, AZ - KGEU

vfr800

Well Known Member
Well, I've got a deal lined up on a -10 in Texas! Should be bringing it back to the PHX valley in the next week or two. Was planning on finding a partner with an RV around here but couldn't pass on this one. :D Now it's time to find a hangar.

Glendale is closest and preferred based on location. However I've heard grumblings about "everyone suing everyone" there recently over hangar usage issues... (Sadly this seems to have been relatively widespread at many US airports, likely over-applying guidance to keep hangar use aviation related. Previously discussed; not the focus here.)

Looking for any updates or well-informed inputs on the situation at Glendale. Good availability of T-hangars there now for sale, but I'm trying to understand the market impact of the recent history there.

Also open to anyone with space in a hangar for a -10 there, Goodyear (GYR) or possibly Deer Valley (DVT).

Thanks!

Ryan, all I can offer is hearsay. The guy we rented a condo from last winter has an RV based at Glendale. He enjoys the place, but did admit that there are tensions between the city, the airport management, and the tenants. Lots of T-hangars for sale, but that less-than-glowing endorsement was enough for me to look elsewhere.

Deer Valley seems to be pretty active, but has a waiting list for hangars that was daunting.

Those were factors that played in my decision to sell my plane, sadly. Good luck finding reliable -- and hopefully more encouraging -- information.:)

I wasn't aware of any problems at GEU but I just go there to visit the son-in-law and family. If it's close, try to make it work. I'm in a less than ideal situation at my home airport, but it's so close that I'll never consider moving to another. You'll love the -10!

regards

~Marc

Thanks for the inputs, Don and Marc. On one hand it could be a good time to buy, but I'd like to be a bit more informed when making the decision of rent versus buy.

I'll keep an eye out for any more inputs, and try to talk to more people via the local EAA Chapters.

I sure like the idea of having a close hangar, and hopefully some good ramp neighbors!

RV-10

Did you buy the RV-10 in north Texas area? Hope you enjoy it. I was about to call the owner last night and saw a sale pending on it.

That's the one. :D

Lined up the quickest pre-buy inspection possible via Chuck Wilson (Hotel Whiskey at T31) and secured first dibs. I'm eager to pick up this -10 from another VAF member.

Might end up looking for a partner in west Phoenix in the near future. (Unfortunately it looks like you're near Houston.)

Will do, Geeman! Just don't hold your breath. ;)

I think it is a good deal as well, and most importantly a high-quality build. Excited to get it to its new home safely.

Still open to any hangar insight at/around Glendale.

Last edited:
Will do, Geeman! Just don't hold your breath. ;)

I think it is a good deal as well, and most importantly a high-quality build. Excited to get it to its new home safely.

Still open to any hangar insight at/around Glendale.

Ryan,
I didn't rent a hanger, I rented ramp space in front of the tower for 6 months out of the year when I shared the Pazmany with my dad. I know at least 3 individuals from EAA Chapter 538 that have experience with Glendale. 2 long time hanger owners and one that purchased a hanger within the last few months. All on the north end of the airport. I'll forward your message and leave it to their discretion to contact you about the airport. PM me your address and we'll go from there.

Last edited:
Glendale hangars

Last I heard the hangars on the south side were selling on the 30k range, which is a pretty good deal if you have the money. Don't know what the rental situation is. At DVT the small hangar rental list was just about three months long recently. Not sure if that has changed.

Hi Ryan,
It's just a short wait for a hangar at Goodyear. Glendale is closer for me but the rent there was a lot higher than at Goodyear. The hangars for sale on the south side are pretty old with asphalt floors and heavy sliding doors to open. Also, the land is owned by the airport under current leases. I think there are nor many years left on current leases, but maybe the airport plans to renew them? I have a large hangar at Goodyear with 3 RVs in various stages of assembly in it for $200 a month. Tha small hangars are less. A RV-10 would fir fine in the small hangar. I like the long runways and uncrowded environment at Goidyear. Hardly ever have to wait to takeoff or land.

GEU hangar

Hi Ryan, I have hangar space at GEU. Was sharing it with a 172 for the last 15 years but ex-wife finally sold it. 43 x 43 square to share with RV6A, Equipped with drill press, compressor, grinder, tools, shelving, workbenches in place. Excellent lighting. Epoxy floor. Bathroom, 100? water hose and utility sink inside. Access (back door) without needing to pass through airport gate. Remote control electric bi-fold door with Lexan upper panels for daylight. $200 per month ? Contact Dave Biddle 602 321 4150.

Dave's a great guy. Has a clean hanger too. Easy in-out both sides of the fence. He gave me my one and only RV ride in his 6A 10 years ago.

If you want to be at KGEU best jump on Dave's offer. Good Guy and also will help get you orientated to the area. Larry

Home!

More kudos to the VAF community -- share of a hangar secured at GEU, and the -10 is resting there now. Hopped on a SWA flight to Dallas early yesterday and flew the -10 back before sunset. Gotta love RV's and the people!

Thanks to everyone above. Ironically enough, Dave & I ended up sitting together and chatting at my first EAA Chapter 538 meeting earlier this month. Small and great RV world.

Back