What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying with Bruce Bohannon

cacflyer

Friend
If you are a low time RV8 flyer, like me ~65 hours, and looking for some input on getting better and/or more comfortable with flying the RV8, IMO you can do no better than booking some time with Bruce Bohannon in Angleton TX. I did, for two days on Nov 30-Dec 1, and Bruce’s direct and easy to understand approach put me at ease from the start. Bruce immediately identified some ‘issues’ and continually reinforced a process to ensure flying the best approach, transition, 3 point attitude and hold off for touchdown, with proper use of rudder for alignment. Two of the light bulb moments for me... I realized from my flying the sight picture of the nose in level flight is quite different than std GA aircraft, but hadn’t really made the connection it’s true on the approach as well for pointing the aircraft toward the numbers. Secondly, determining the three point attitude is much easier for me now by putting the nose on the horizon. And I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the GUMPS check on EVERY circuit.

A big thank you to Bruce! Time and $ well spent.

Back