What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dumb mistake number 187

Ranger

It turns out that if you push hard enough on the Philips screwdriver to keep it from slipping out of the screw on the back of a Potter & Brumfield breaker while it is mounted in the panel, that you can apply enough torque to break the front of the plastic case. :mad: Note to self: support the bottom of the breaker case while tightening the screw. Fortunately, Stein has more.

It could be worse Ranger...

My redneck cousin put a #2 phillips screwdriver most of the way through his palm while attempting to over torque the screws on an Edison outlet:eek:

At least it didn't involve blood and stitches.:cool:

Dumb mistake #188

If you pull on the wire at the back of the Tru Trak AP Level switch without disconnecting it first, the switch breaks :eek:. Stein probably has more of these too!

Broken%20AP%20Level.jpg

I have an entire builders log full of these, but I can not properly index them because I can not find the error codes. Can you help me with:

DMN, Description
===, ======================
???, Miss with rivet gun, new skin ordered
???, Cut angle too close to edge, new part ordered
???, Failed to properly read plans, new parts ordered.
???, Incorrectly bent trim tab, new parts ordered
???, Book with DMN error codes missing. ???

I guess i did not get those reference pages, but I sure do need it.

DMN = Dumb Mistake Number

Dkb

It turns out that if you push hard enough on the Philips screwdriver to keep it from slipping out of the screw on the back of a Potter & Brumfield breaker while it is mounted in the panel, that you can apply enough torque to break the front of the plastic case. :mad: Note to self: support the bottom of the breaker case while tightening the screw. Fortunately, Stein has more.

DMN, Description
===, ======================
???, Miss with rivet gun, new skin ordered
???, Cut angle too close to edge, new part ordered
???, Failed to properly read plans, new parts ordered.
???, Incorrectly bent trim tab, new parts ordered
???, Book with DMN error codes missing. ???

David, how come your DMNs only have 3 digits? My latest ones have 4.

My latest...."Knocked over can of rivets, wasted hour picking them up."

David, how come your DMNs only have 3 digits? My latest ones have 4.

My latest...."Knocked over can of rivets, wasted hour picking them up."

Today I had a handful of AD3-3.5 rivets for my wing skin. When I was done inserting the rivets and ready to tape them, I turned around and dumped the remaining 3.5's in my hand into the identical-looking tray of 4's.

Back