What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Its like Finishing a Marathon

Flyguytki

Well Known Member
Well I dont actually know what that feels like but today I felt the way I think I would after a marathon. It took all day but by 8pm tonight I finished riveting the bottom skins on the right wing SOLO!!! Some rivets were pretty difficult to get too but with a bit of tricky arm twisting I was able to get them all.

IMG_8510.jpg

IMG_8504.jpg

IMG_8516.jpg

and with every victory there always has to be a battle scar

IMG_8505.jpg

-david

David I know what you mean. This SOLO job will show the pain in your arms in couple days. Great job and looks nice!

Hey nice job!!! I ran my first marathon last November and I must say it seems easier to train and run a marathon than it would be to build an RV. My hats off to you!!

...and I sometimes wonder why we have to have photographic proof that we buikt the plane ourselves..... in my case I have my DNA all over it BLOOD/SWEAT/TEARS.

Good luck with the rest.... you'll be proud of it

I know exactly where your at, as I was doing the same thing yesterday. One more skin today and the bottoms are done!
Good job and good luck with your project.

Outstanding!

I had a lot of help doing my bottom wing skins...it was still a pain in the posterior...

Dave

Dave,

Good going...I wish I could have told you to wear a long-sleeved flannel shirt! It really makes a difference. Your arms don't look too bad, it's more common to see a bloody mess!

Holy Cow!
That is REALLY impressive!

I just finishing closing my RV-9A left wing WITH HELP and I'm much more cut up. I also used about a dozen pull rivets where I did not feel comfortable bucking and verifying.

*sigh* I'm not looking forward to the right wing. I look like I was holding a cat and turned on the shop vac.

Congrats!

Dkb

Way to go!

Congratulations! That is quite a milestone. Just finished my bottom skins, also solo, a couple of weeks ago. Duct tape wrapped around your arm helps. Now you get to work on the fuselage!

Back