What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuse kit deletions

Chris7

Hi all

About to order my fuselage kit (standard) and looking for an updated list of things to minus, any help is appreciated so I get it right.

Control approach hasn't responded to me so I think that won't happen, however Risse racing have nice rudder pedals so I'm going to try get a set of those. (maybe they are the same)

Berginger wheels and brakes. Do I just minus all brake parts and hoses?

Andair fuel selector.

Thanks!

Control Approach Address

I know that Paul's address has recently changed. He's moved from Bend to Tigard, OR. A bit closer to Portland. He said, in September, that he got a new TIG welding guy that can even do a new Titanium option. Not sure if that's available yet.
His rudders are a beautiful option, very well constructed and packaged for shipping.
My last contact with him was first part of January.

[email protected]
17865 SW Upper Boons Ferry Rd.
Tigard, OR 97224
503-849-2123

Fuse Kit Deletions

Some things to consider are:
After market windows and windscreen. Cee Bailey's is an option.
Upgrade the fuel valve to the Andair FS 20X7T from Van's.
Upgrade to Stainless Steel Heater Bypass Valve Set.
Van's was very good to work with when requesting the deletions.

Chris,

Congrats on starting your -10. It is a magnificent machine.

Regarding brake components. If you are planning on utilizing the ASF pre assembled brake hose package, there is a difference between Control Approach Pedals and Risse racing components hose lengths due to the way they are mounted. The pedals look very similar, but we have had to make some design changes to accommodate those who are utilizing the Risse Racing setup.

It's funny that you brought up Beringer and Control approach at the moment. I just hit publish about an hour ago for the new RV10 Control Approach/Beringer brake setup with ALIR and PB valves. It's a beautiful kit and we would like to thank Mike Elstien for his help in perfecting the hose lengths on it.

Tom and I are in the process of doing some web updates as we have some major new product announcements we will be making in the next week or two. But, some of the information has already made it onto the website in preparation of the releases.

Have a great time with your build!
Steve

P.S. Clearing internet cache may be necessary to allow the new pages to load properly.

Last edited:
Control Approach

Hello,

I suggest you email Paul again, He is usually responsive. The product is awesome and takes one of the worst parts of the RV-10 aesthetically and makes it beautiful. I did the full Beringer kit and it was easy especially with the hoses from Steve at Aircraft Specialty. As Steve mentions above, I modified the location of the ALIR. Steve has the pictures and the hoses.

Another RV-10 builder near me has his project on the gear. He is a repeat offender and this is his first kit with Beringer. He loves them.

I was just updating my site on what I have added / deleted.

https://rv10builder.com/rv-10-modifications-and-upgrades/

Getting in touch with Paul was difficult, but once I was able to chat with him, he was very good about providing updates and working with you on timelines. Love his pedals and if you are going with the Berringer brakes, he has a nice set of pedals with the required branding included.

Thanks everyone

Some really good info here.

I got in touch with Paul and he will get a set of pedals sorted for me, Steve is sorting out the wheels, brakes and hoses.

With the Cee Bailey Windows, what are the advantages? Other than less trimming?

Thanks

Back