What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Poor response?

billytime1

Well Known Member
E mailed vans mountain about a part and their response was ? we can?t answer questions about ancient kits with out permission from the owners.?
Well it was in regards to a engine mount that has no part number on it.
Is it me or is this a how things are.
The question was ... is the engine mount dyna 1 or 2?
Idk

Sounds like you need to call them at Tech Support, explain what you're trying to determine, offer to email a photo (if you hadn't done so already). They're pretty good about this sort of support, and probably didn't properly understand what you need from your email alone.

E mailed vans mountain about a part and their response was ? we can?t answer questions about ancient kits with out permission from the owners.?
Well it was in regards to a engine mount that has no part number on it.
Is it me or is this a how things are.
The question was ... is the engine mount dyna 1 or 2?
Idk

Most questions like this can be answered in the builders manual that came with your airplane or is available from Van's. They would not be able to give you an answer over the phone without you giving them measurements.

Or is this just that VANS doesn't know you are the registered owner of that specific kit serial number. I.E. if you asked "What mount was sold for kit # 1234", they won't be able to tell you if you are not listed as the owner of that kit.
Just my guess base on the original post, but I'm sure a quick call into them can get this all sorted.

Or is this just that VANS doesn't know you are the registered owner of that specific kit serial number. I.E. if you asked "What mount was sold for kit # 1234", they won't be able to tell you if you are not listed as the owner of that kit.
Just my guess base on the original post, but I'm sure a quick call into them can get this all sorted.

I didn't check, but my guess is that this is the case.

Is the OP perhaps asking for info about a kit they are considering purchasing?

If so, they should get that info from the current (hopefully registered with Van's) owner.
If the owner/seller doesn't know, they could query Van's or request a copy of the finish kit pack list.

Back