What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Boost Pumps

Fuel Boost Pump

My standard Airflow Performance boost pump from Van's delivers 60 gallons per hour (1 gallon per minute) through the standard Van's fuel system and Red Cube fuel flow transducer, to the end of the hose that attaches to the engine driven fuel pump. Since the maximum fuel demand of my IO-320 is 15 gph, that ought to do.

Here's a big thumbs up for the EFII boost pump module. I think you'll find that his service and quality are second to none.

Chris

I agree. A breeze to install vs having to bend a nest of fuel lines for the old style AFP setup. :)

New Airflow Pump

No nest of fuel lines and a less money than EFII. Check out our new Facebook Page.

Last edited:
Don, I did have a question on your new pump assembly:

There is a short section of flared fuel line in the assembly between one end piece and the check valve... Is this pre-fabricated by you guys to an exact length? I ask because I'd think that the length would be pretty critical. Too short or long and there will be stress pushing or pulling on the machined end pieces.

Thanks!
Russ

No Stress

This has been figured out. The pump inlet fitting has an O-ring that floats inside the inlet manifold. This allows slight variations in the length if the tube we fabricate, plus the rest of the tolerance build up of the machined parts. The tube assembly is held to +/- .015?.

Don

Don is great!

I can't comment on the new AFP fuel pump (as I have the old one installed in my project), but I can comment on Don. He is a regular contributor to the forum, and when called, he is extremely helpful. He quickly helped me with some questions about the fuel pump install, and has patiently walked me through some options regarding fuel injection compatibility with other systems on the airplane. His support is outstanding, if that helps in your decision as to which pump to buy.

Not an employee, not a paid endorsement, just a satisfied customer.

David

This has been figured out. The pump inlet fitting has an O-ring that floats inside the inlet manifold. This allows slight variations in the length if the tube we fabricate, plus the rest of the tolerance build up of the machined parts. The tube assembly is held to +/- .015?.

Don
Perfect! This is good to know.

Thanks,
Russ

Back