What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sebring March 13, 2013 Part 1

GLPalinkas

Well Known Member
There was a great turn-out for the weekly Sebring breakfast RV gathering. The big race is this weekend (12 Hours of Sebring) so the ramp was full of "other" aircraft but at last count, we squeezed in 24+ RV's. Got to meet a few of the Spruce Creek crowd today, Ted Chang, included. It was a great breakfast and gathering. Most stuck around longer than usual although some Rv'ers snuck out just as we were arriving (a little later today, 8:45am)

k36m0x.png

28rftxs.png

2u5dt00.png

Oh Yeah, I took the obligatory food pic for Vlad :D

Last edited:
Sebring March 13, 2013 Part 2

We were able to meet up with Carl Martin from Houston who just happens to own George O's first RV-6a. Carl works (or did until recently :)) down the hall from Paul at NASA. He brought along Pat, a friend who's husband is an engineer and crew member for one of the race car teams at Sebring. She was nice enough to get us close to the action. Unfortunately, my schedule didn't permit as much time as I would have liked but you get the idea from the photos.

Of course, Turbo got in on the action....:D

rtot9t.png

e1yx4.png

Carl's ride....

xasxfo.png

m7c8hx.png

Last edited:
what a jam packed day it was at sebring today. wish it could of lasted longer. great people, great wx, great racing at sebring. the 12 hours of sebring will be this weekend. just got back from bonneville hehe. see you in the pattern.:)
edfredatbonneville.jpg

Turbo is everywhere...

Okay, one shot of Turbo is okay but he's almost in every other shot!
Missed this one. Found a weeping fuel tank level sender. Took them both out and re-sealed. Waiting for the black goo to cure.
Hopefully next week.

Last edited:
Okay, one shot of Turbo is okay but he's almost in every other shot!
Missed this one. Found a weeping fuel tank level sender. Took them both out and re-sealed. Waiting for the black goo to cure.
Hopefully next week.

Well to be honest, every time I started to take a pic Turbo came running over :D :D. Just kidding Buddy.

Carl, we missed you there. I was wondering what happened because you said you were coming down with "something" and expected to miss work.

Great time and great friends. Now next year we have to get Vlad down for a few of these. Start saving your vacation buddy. :)

Well to be honest, every time I started to take a pic Turbo came running over :D :D. Just kidding Buddy.

Carl, we missed you there. I was wondering what happened because you said you were coming down with "something" and expected to miss work.

Great time and great friends. Now next year we have to get Vlad down for a few of these. Start saving your vacation buddy. :)

Hi Gary--Maybe do River Ranch(2RR) or Cedar Key sometime---John Fleurent RV-8 (first flight 1998)

So good to meet many VAF "legends", and enjoy a day of great times with friends. So blessed with good weather, health, some budget, and a flying RV!

BTW - Unless something is changed I'm still working at the rocket agency, at least I did when Spring Break started last Friday. We are now missing Ironflight from JSC.

Thanks for a great posting Gary!

Carl

Last edited:
Hi Gary--Maybe do River Ranch(2RR) or Cedar Key sometime---John Fleurent RV-8 (first flight 1998)

a new vaf member. welcome to the family. glad to see you down in south florida. it is always a lot of laughs when we get together! bring the guys down again. whos idea was it anyways?

daytona bound today. BIKE WEEK!!!!!!!!:D

So good to meet many VAF "legends", and enjoy a day of great times with friends. So blessed with good weather, health, some budget, and a flying RV!

BTW - Unless something is changed I'm still working at the rocket agency, at least I did when Spring Break started last Friday. We are now missing Ironflight from JSC.

Thanks for a great posting Gary!

Carl

LOL, Carl I should have worded that better. I was referring to Iron's new Editor-in-Chief position with Kitplanes Magazine. I hope you still have your job. :D

John, it was nice meeting you and the other Spruce Creek gang. I have been wanting to do Cedar Key for a long time. We can get Carl and the gang from Zepherhills headed in that direction also.

Last edited:
LOL, Carl I should have worded that better. I was referring to Iron's new Editor-in-Chief position with Kitplanes Magazine. I hope you still have your job. :D

John, it was nice meeting you and the other Spruce Creek gang. I have been wanting to do Cedar Key for a long time. We can get Carl and the gang from Zepherhills headed in that direction also.

I'm in for Cedar Key when you all are ready.

Back