What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Semco pneumatic Proseal Gun question

Jskyking

Well Known Member
I?m about 2 weeks out from starting my RV14 tanks. I have a pneumatic Semco Proseal gun, but it doesn?t have the tubes or nozzles. Before I buy things I don?t need, is there a preferred tube size and short list of the best nozzles to have on hand. I?ve done the popsicle stick method, just wanted to try something new....
Thanks

I?m about 2 weeks out from starting my RV14 tanks. I have a pneumatic Semco Proseal gun, but it doesn?t have the tubes or nozzles. Before I buy things I don?t need, is there a preferred tube size and short list of the best nozzles to have on hand. I?ve done the popsicle stick method, just wanted to try something new....
Thanks

If you buy fuel tank sealant that comes in the Semco cartridges, then you won't need anything else although this will be rather expensive. You can also buy empty Semco cups and nozzles. If going that route, I would consider using 3 oz instead of 6 because they will be a little easier to fill.

Skylor

Nozzle size/shape is probably personal preference. They’re pretty cheap so I recommend getting a variety and decide for yourself. I prefer one approximately 2 1/2” long. Tip: they are reusable; once the pro seal has cured inside the nozzle you can easily remove it all in one piece. Also keep in mind that once the nozzle tip has been cut open, you cannot cut the hole smaller in the future!

You will require a retainer for your gun which is the same size as the cartridges you plan on using.

This: I only had the short retainer and when I ordered the proseal from Vans, first batch was in the short tubes. Second batch they sent out in the longer tubes. Had to then buy the 6oz retainer.

Tips come with the tubes, but you can buy different tips as well. I don't think I ever used a different tip set honestly.

I did manually mix and reuse a tube a few times. In the end I just spent the extra few dollars and purchased pre-packaged tubes. *Don't forget to buy the mixing tool drill adapter to save your arms.

Totally a fan of the Semco gun for tank sealant!

Back