What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First flight RV10 N408ZW

mlinett

Patron
July and I took just over 3 years to build the RV10 quick build kit. We have a Barrett engine, Hotel Whiskey extended tanks, Anti Splat cowl flaps, airflow air conditioning , Fly LEDS lighting ,and a panel by Rob Hickman?s team at advanced. Mel Asberry inspected the plane on 10/25/19 and we got it ready for the first flight on 10/26/19. Our first flight was from 5TX0 to KGLE where we met Justin Wylie in his RV10.

July and I could not have built the plane without the help of our friends and neighbors Marc Wiese, Matt Plaisier, Rick Kazubec, Joe Migis, John Watson, Bob van Duyn, Myron Nelson, Justin Wylie, Gary Zilik, and Tony Kirby.

Special thanks to Rhonda Bewley and Allan Barrett for a great engine and Rob Hickman for all of his help.

Congrats on the flight. Post some photos when you get time. It encourages those that take a little longer to complete our build. :)

Congratulations on the achievment! I'd like to see a few pictures as well. Anything special or any advice for first flight? Mine is coming up soon as well!

Some Pix

N408ZW-102619-crop.jpg

Fantastic!

Mike.....Awesome job by you and July :) That will surely get you places faster than the C-177!

Very well done! I don’t know that I have ever met a couple more immersed together in a build project. You both are very lucky and I wish years of pleasure and satisfaction from one of the best examples of one of the best design concepts available.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Looks fantastic! I use these first lights as motivation to keep moving forward on my plane!

Thanks for sharing!

Back