What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV control lock

Tom Williams

I'm New Here
I don't normally post on websites, but I ran across a really neat and useful item for RV's and wanted to let others know. A good friend of mine, Dick Russ, has a Piper Sport and he couldn't lock the control surfaces other than using a set belt. Last summer he came up with a very simple design to keep the control stick locked in a neutral position. It was so simple and ingenious I asked him to modify it for my RV-6. It is 2 very small pieces of aluminum pinned together with half circles at each end. The half circles grip the control stick and the aluminum pieces spead outward and attach with snaps to the underside lip of the instrument panel. We set the control surfaces in the position we wanted by the location of the snaps. It can't weigh more than a few ounces, takes about 5 seconds to install and keeps ailerons and elevator in neutral position. Dick made some more for other friends and I think he now sells limited quantities to Aircraft Spruce and Wag Aero, but I haven't checked and don't know what they sell for.

Worth a Million Dollars

A picture is worth a million dollars they say.

13-11304CL.jpg

Back